Ch.5 - B-KOMACHI LIVE:

Start from the beginning

When I thought about all the years I had spent with Sarina, I couldn't help but realize that no one else in my life meant more to me than her. To think that she could be gone in just two years was a thought that filled me with dread, and I knew that I couldn't let someone else step into the picture to take my place.

We had been through so much together and I wanted to spend the rest of her time with her, not just as friends but as something more. I knew that I needed to act fast and make sure that my feelings were known before it was too late.

...I was in love with her.

Honestly, I'm aware it's a hopeless feeling...

But it's the TRUTH. I was in love with Sarina. Everything about her! Her kindness, her cuteness, her intelligence, her sense of humor, I loved it all. She was the only one for me, and I seriously doubt anyone else could ever compare to her. 

I can't deny the feelings that still live inside me to this day.

*Sigh*

But it's not like I could love again anyway.

I don't have a heart anymore.

We'll...get to that...

The night of the concert arrived. It was taking place in Saga, a four hour train ride away from Takachiho.

 It was taking place in Saga, a four hour train ride away from Takachiho

Considering Sarina's condition, we couldn't travel far. So I'm grateful that Ai and Ichigo liked our island of Kyushu enough to hold a concert here.

My ex-father Kira actually had been invited to the concert that weekend to work behind the scenes, so he was happy to accompany us on our journey as our chaperone.

Meanwhile, on the other hand, Sarina's parents seemed apathetic about it all. Like they were becoming increasingly distant with their daughter...

At the time I thought they were doing that because they know she enjoys spending time with me.

That couldn't have been more fucking wrong...

Back to the topic at hand, the live show was scheduled at the Saga Arena, a venue that had opened in the 70s and houses over 8000 people.

One ticket was like gold dust to obtain, let alone two. But I did it all for Sarina.

I wanted her to see Ai perform live.