Little did Sven, Elysia, and Ares know that their lives were on the brink of becoming intertwined, just as an impending stormy wave loomed in their path. It was a new and undiscovered journey for them, a strange territory to explore. Sadly, however, the threads of fate seemed to be weaving a tale of loss for these three souls...

The path of love, as they were about to learn, was never a bed of roses. They were destined to walk on the path of thorns, just as the old saying goes,

"When you yearn for someone who isn't destined to be yours, when their solitary tear bleeds your heart, when your nights are filled with weeping and prayers for them to belong to you, when having them feels like losing them, when they're within your reach yet forever out of grasp, then know that you've encountered your first taste of unrequited love."

*************

"Looking for this?" Sven waved Elysia's diary in front of her, a wide smirk on his lips.

Having spent the entire night reading and re-reading Elysia's diary, his curiosity about her had transformed into genuine interest. He needed to know everything about Elysia Dean Lawson.

Elysia darted towards him at lightning speed, determined to reclaim her diary. Sven, however, had quick reflexes and held the diary above his head, out of her reach.

"Give it back to me," Elysia whispered loudly as she jumped to retrieve her diary. Sven couldn't help but chuckle at her bunny-like agility.

"Did you read it?" Elysia squinted her eyes at him, her gaze searching for answers.

"What if I did?" Sven raised an eyebrow, offering her his usual challenging look.

Elysia was flustered at the thought of Sven reading her private diary. He was the last person she wanted to share her diary with.

"It's, it's rude to read someone's private diary," she stated, her fingers fidgeting with her uniform.

Sven noticed her nervousness and crossed his arms, understanding that she didn't want him to know. "Do you think I have so much free time that I'd read a girl's diary?" He raised an eyebrow, uncrossing his arms, and slipped one hand into his pocket while keeping her diary behind his back. He leaned down slightly, bringing his face closer to hers. Elysia's eyes widened as Sven's face neared hers, and he spoke in a deep and low, almost whispered tone. "I prefer to spend my nights with my girl in bed rather than waste my time reading someone's diary, you know." He winked, his lips pursed as he observed Elysia's reaction. Her face turned beet red at his shameless words, and she quickly averted her gaze.

Unable to contain himself, Sven burst into hearty laughter, clutching his stomach as he thoroughly enjoyed her reaction.

Realizing that he was teasing her again, Elysia rolled her eyes, crossing her arms across her chest. "You're annoying," she mumbled under her breath, huffing a sigh.

A wide grin spread across Sven's face as he dramatically placed his hand over his heart. "I'm honored to receive the compliment." Elysia gave him an incredulous look. Another peal of laughter erupted from Sven, as he thoroughly enjoyed her reactions.

It was a refreshing change for him to see her honest responses, a sign that she was slowly opening up to him.

"I'll give it back if..." Sven began. Elysia's eyes followed his as he waved her diary in front of her.

"If...?" She echoed, raising an eyebrow.

"If you spend the whole day with me tomorrow," Sven offered.

"No," Elysia promptly refused.

"Why?" Sven feigned a hurt expression, placing a hand over his chest.

"We have school tomorrow," she said as a matter-of-fact.