'I want to see your determination girl...and I know you're new in this field. You need to go through some hardship first to make your career journey 'interesting'' she thought and let out an evil smile as she felt satisfied with her plan to cause some trouble before approving this project. 'I will wait for your email then.' she smirked.

After she finished reviewing the proposal, Sam reached her phone and texted her gang in their group chat.

Dinner tonight, usual place, 8 pm - Sam

What is the occasion? - Tee

C'mon fuzzy, we need some sneak peek first - Jim

What's the tea? - Jim

Your grandma is still alive and healthy, right? - Jim

Is the Royal Empire going through bankruptcy - Jim

That's impossible Jim, please at least think logically - Tee

Well, it's understandable, though. Those are the only important things in her life - Jim

Guys! Hello, what is this about, huh? - Kade

Please, respectfully scroll and read yourself 'Ms always late' - Jim

I immediately put my phone aside after sending the text and dive into this endless work. None of my work will be done if I entertain their craziness.

*

I stretched my body when the tiredness consumed my body and checked the time displayed on my laptop.

6.30 pm.

'Shit, just how fast the times fly...I didn't even finish half of my work for today, and I even skipped lunch for it'

'Will I keep living like this till my last breath?' Sam thought to herself.

"Fuck this unending cycle of my life!" she mumbled to herself.

I didn't waste more time and gathered belongings ready to leave to meet the gang. Consider travelling around Bangkok, even her expensive car can't help overcome the traffic. So, it's the perfect time for me to leave now.

Tee and Jim were spotted when I reached the reserved table under my name and as usual, Kade is still nowhere to be found.

"Hey fuzzy!!" Jim greeted her excitedly. I just rolled my eyes at her usual chaotic self.

"Where is Kade?" I asked.

"Well, you know her, Sam. She is not our Kade if she's here early" Jim said.

The waiter came to their table and Sam asked for the usual. They are regular here so most of the worker know them and their palate already. It is not that long before Kade reaches their table and immediately asks for water. She finished the whole glass before she began to talk.

"Are you okay, Sam? What's wrong?" Kade confronted me while shaking my whole body.

'What did I do in my past life to have friends like these 3 monkeys?' Sam questioned her decision to befriend them.

"Kade..Kade! Can you please calm down and please get your hand away from me!" Sam rolled her eyes.

After Kade let her grip off, all three pairs of eyes were on Sam full of anticipation and concern.

I sighed and continued. "Can we eat first? I didn't even have my lunch today"

They give in after listening to my words and shift their attention to their plate.

"I know you're busy Sam, but please take care of your health first. I'm afraid that you will go first before your grandmother" Jim stated.

"Chai, Sam...you are not that young anymore" Kade supported.

"Guys just let her eat in peace, she doesn't need more grandmother here." Tee back her up.

I don't exactly know what is their beef with my grandmother. But, I know they mean no harm and they just being protective of me from my grandmother. They are the only escape I have when I want to take a moment away from my grandmother and they are fully aware of how my grandmother is, resulting from years of friendship I guess. At 30 years old, each of them is a very successful person and becomes a well-known figure in their field. Kade in her acting career, Jim has their own business established with her husband and lastly, Tee continuing her family business in transportation and everyone is doing excellence in their life journey.

"Grandma wants me to get married and I agreed to it" I casually announced the main reason they were here.

A deafening silence wraps around the table before.

Jim dropped both the spoon and fork she was using on the plate, causing a loud sound catching the attention of the nearby tables. Kade almost spat her drink on Jim while Tee remained in her seat with widened eyes.

"WHAAT?!" The three said in unison. Loudly.

Sam panicked from the uninvited attention from the people around them.

"Shhh! Please, guys, I didn't plan any public announcement on my marriage yet. So, please slow down your voice"

But, she is being ignored when.

"Who?!"

"Who is the unlucky girl?"

"Do we know her?"

"How old is she?"

"What did she do?"

The unstoppable questions keep coming from the three of them.

I massaged my forehead listening to their unending questions. Did I befriending the 3 years old kids or 30 years old adults here? Their behaviour makes me question myself sometimes.

"OH MY GOD GUYS!" Sam raised her voice to get their attention.

"Can you guys just shut up for a moment?!" Sam stated and managed to shut the three kids/adults. The three shut their mouth and eyes focused on Sam. Sam took turns and looked at them one by one to make sure they were not going to make any more noise.

"Okay, good! Thank you." She complimented them briefly as they finally listened to her instructions.

Sam continued. "So.."

To be continued...