14.

Hyunjin's PoV

"Hyunjin, once more. You have almost got it," Mr. Kim urged me to repeat the entire thing again for the nth time. I'd be surprised if there wasn't a tear on leather of my slipper due to the amount of leaps I needed to practice.

While I looked into the mirror of our dance room, Karina seemed to be struggling with her routine. I heard Ms. Myoi mumble under her breathe nearby, "Kazuha would have been a better Giselle. Why did she have to hurt her ankle now?" The way Karina's expression dropped, she must have heard it too. 

The end of our class was near the bent so we all just gave it our all till the last minute. When bell rung, everyone's sore body just dropped to the floor. Ms. Myoi disapproved of this behaviour but let it be. She motioned for Karina and I to talk to her after class.

Both of us, soaked in sweat and taking deep breathes, waited till the class emptied.

"Hyunjin-ssi and Jimin-ssi. You need better co-ordination. As the Duke and Giselle, you both are the main characters of the play. Hyunjin-ssi, your moves and emotions are fine but you are awkward when you have a duet step with her. Jimin-ssi, you need to put more emotions in your dance. It feels empty. 'Giselle' is an extremely romantic and overwhelming ballet performance. Being the main dancers you both must be perfect. If required, you may come personally after uni-hours to my dance studio and practice. I hope you remember that we cut down on Act I merely because everybody empathised with your request." The two of us nodded our heads to Ms. Myoi and bowed to both our teachers and left.

Felix was waiting outside for me, fiddling with the strings of his hoodie. His blond hair was dishevelled and he looked extremely nervous.

"Hyun, can we, umm, talk for a minute?" 

"Sure, Lix. We can talk on the way back to the dorms."

We started walking towards the dorm while the pleasant April winds caressed our cheeks. I felt a shiver down my spine with nothing except my tank top to protect me against the wind. The weather forecast was wrong again.

"So, how's it feel to be the main male dancer in the ballet performance?"

"It's good, I can show my father that coming here wasn't a mistake. But it's hectic as hell. Now I will have to attend extra classes after uni-hours to practice with Karina. How have you been?" 

Felix hummed and gave the classic 'all good' response. "I actually wanted to talk about Shuhua with you."

"What about her? Don't tell me she has actually gone around asking y'all for blackmail material on me for not going to the grocery store with her."

He chuckled and shook his head. "Nothing like that. It's just that you two grew so close in the span of a month. I remember it took us a year to be on hugging terms and her you two are going on shopping sprees together."

Is he jealous that I got closer to Shuhua quicker than I did with him? 

"That's because I now make an effort to be friendly and that's all thanks to you. She was the person I exactly needed in my life. She's really nice," I replied. 

We stopped in front of the elevator of our building. We got in and I pressed 6 to lead us to our floor.

"Do you like Shuhua, Hyunjin?"

"She is special to me, yes."

And that's where our conversation ended. The elevator's doors opened with a ding and we got out and walked into our respective dorm rooms. Felix didn't even say a 'bye' or 'see you later'.

Why was Felix acting like this?

ʚ♡ɞ