Chapter 6

I pulled over either way. "Need help" He looked at me, happy that someone came to help. "Itachi! I could use a ride home." "What happened?" "There's something wrong with my engine and when I pulled over to check my tire just-!"

"Sounds like a rough day" "Yea it would be so much better if you gave me that ride" He got in my car and I cursed the fate that I have with him. "Can I play some music?" "Sure."

It's like faith wants me to be with Kurama but we just never get together. Its like there's a wall separating us. Despite that I developed feelings but Kurama never did.

"So...what have you been up to? Dating anyone?" "I'm going out with Kisame I guess" "Wow good for you. You two would be together" If I was being honest, it hurt to hear him say that. Couldn't he be a little jealous?

I said nothing and focused on the road. I was probably gonna date Kisame from now on so I might as well ask the question I've always wanted to ask.

"Why did you reject me?" His face looked confused as to why I asked such a question out of the blue. "You knew that I liked you for years now so why did you reject me?"

"I was told to stay away from you" That shocked me. Who would say that? And why did Kurama listen? He never listens to anyone. "What do you mean?"

"When we were younger, I just found out you had a crush on me. Your parents warned me to stay away from you or else. It was the reason our parents stopped talking actually"

"Wait, why would they do that?" He turned away, not wanting to answer the question. I pulled over. He still stayed quiet. "Kurama you need to tell what happened because no one else did"

"Fine I'll tell you. When we were younger I kinda liked you too......but before I could tell you, your parents figured it out and basically threatened me with the Uchiha status."

The reason why I never got with the man that was basically my soulmate was my parents. I know they homophobic and so is the rest of my family but to threaten a kid is insane.

"Itachi, forget about the past. You have Kisame now and you two are good for each other."

"But I've always liked you! You're the one I wanted. Why is it so hard to love" Tears that built up over the years started to pour.

"I wished it was different between us but it isn't." "Why can't it be different? Why do we need to fear my parents?"

"I've never stopped loving you for a second." I grabbed his face and kissed him. He kissed me back and right there in my car seat, on my way from getting confessed to by my best friend, I kissed Kurama.

When the kiss ended, we looked into each other's eyes. "What about Kisame?" "That depends, how do you feel about me?"

"I can't date you if it means my parents' business will be affected." "I won't let that happen" I caressed his cheek. He tried to turn his face away from me but I didn't allow him.

I know it's wrong but I could feel a boner growing. I just kissed my childhood crush and now he's agreed to date me. His face is so irresistible. None of the thoughts in my mind are pure.

I looked away from him, trying to chase the thoughts away. "So what do we do now, Itachi?" "I promise that your parents' business won't get involved so please trust me" He had a reluctant look on his face but seemed to give in.

He laid his head on my shoulder. "Are you sure you're prepared to be in a relationship with me? It's nothing like what you imagined"

"I've waited for so long I would go through anything." He started laughing, "Isn't it ironic how long we've chased each other just for us to start dating in less than five minutes."

He got up, "What about Kisame?" "I think of him as my best friend nothing else" "Ok well, are you gonna take me home or are we gonna stay here tonight?"

I totally forgot about that. I started the car and drove Kurama home. As he exited my car I finally made note of what he was wearing.

He wore some black ripped jeans, a white tee and a jacket. Simple right but we're talking about Kurama Uzumaki. He looked like he could go on a runway in those clothes. He is so hot no wonder I can't get him out of my head.

I was about to drive off when Kurama ran outside. He jumped in my car and slammed the door. "The guilt is kinda killing me so I had to say something." At this point, he had my full attention.

"I like you Itachi but I feel like we're rushing this. I still have a girlfriend and you haven't broken it off with Kisame so I think we should take things slowly. No need to rush into things and ruin it."

It hit me that I was betraying my best friend's trust. I was a horrible person to do this to him. I needed to make things right with him before I could pursue Kurama.

Kurama got out of the car and walked back inside his house. I drove home.

The feeling of betrayal wavered above me. How am I gonna tell Kisame? I admit I don't have feelings for him but you shouldn't disregard someone's feelings either. I will tell him tomorrow in a way that won't affect our relationship.

I went to take a long, hot shower. The water ran over my body, soaking every last inch. The steam floated around me. My hair was dripping. My sighs could be a small moan. (This one's for all my Itachi girlies).

I would never brag about it but I was really attractive and well-built. I was 6 foot. I had long dark hair that was worn in a low ponytail. I had black eyes that people said stared into their souls.

Girls usually had crushes on me and many confessed but I only focused on my school work...and Kurama.

I got out of the shower, got dried and put on a black sweatpants ONLY. I laid in bed and scrolled on my phone for a few minutes before drifting off to sleep.