Family-ish & Fun

(Taylor's Version):

Yesterday night I was up trying to write a song until three am, and when I was walking to my room, I looked over into the room River was in, and she looked horrified. She had sweat dripping down her and she was panting and trying to reach the night light. I quickly walked in and turned it on, she looked startled, but she wasn't mad.

Now here I am, laying down next to River, waiting for her to wake up so I can move. I was too scared I'd wake her if I tried to move, but luckily the cats kept my company. I left my phone in the music room yesterday, so I didn't have anything but them.

Just when my leg was about to go numb, River finally woke up. She rolled off of me and curled into a pillow. Maybe she didn't wake up, maybe she just moved in her sleep. I quickly got up and went into my room to get ready. Me and Joe decided to take River to Universal since we were in Orlando right now. I mean not many people would have express passes on Thursday at like 10 am.

Joe was already downstairs and packed some snacks, water, extra clothes, and other necessities. After about 30 minutes River had come down.

"Hey River," I greet.

She yawned and waved at me. She's probably still sleepy.

"What do you think about going to Universal?" Joe asks her.

Her eyes widened and she looked at the bag and my mickey mouse shirt. Me and Joe stared at her for a response and she finally nodded her head.

Joe laughed and said, "Go get ready."

She came back a minute later in better clothes and her hair all fixed up. Joe decided to drive us there and we had two guards come with us. River was quite upset but I promised her they would stay far away and she wouldn't see them.

River wouldn't stop asking when we would arrive, we were almost there, and I was getting annoyed and so was Joe. She was excited, I get it, but asking that many times can get on people's nerves. Once we got parked, she jumped out and started walking, sending me into panic. I quickly ran after her and yanked her bak as a car sped through. She screamed and grabbed onto me.

"River!" I scold.

"River that's enough, I'll drive us right back home, control yourself," Joe says, at his breaking point.

Joe hands me both mine and River's express passes before walking off. I looked at River and she looked really guilty. While we walked behind Joe, she was really slow and she didn't look up, Joe was pretty harsh on her. Once we caught up to Joe, I get River to walk in front of us so I could talk to Joe.

Joe looks up at me and starts apologizing.

"I'm sorry, I know I was harsh, but she was getting on my nerves, she's not five, she knows better,"

"Joe, think about how many times she's been to an amusement park, probably once or twice, she's excited,"

"I know but-"

"No buts right now, I want this to be a good day, go talk to her,"

Joe sighs but walks up to her and she starts to look down again.

"Please look at me," Joe asks her, and she does.

"I'm sorry, I know you're excited, I shouldn't have yelled at you. I was so scared when that car came, you were lucky Taylor was there. I want you to have fun, I want you to be safe too,"

"I'm sorry," was all River said.

"Hey, look at me, let's have fun, okay? We came here to enjoy our time, not to be sad or angry,"