Secrets And Scared

(Taylor's Version):

"Taylor, we're not leaving until you give us information," my publicist, Tree, says.

After days of me only focusing on trying to find this girl, Tree, Joe, Jack, and Selena noticed that I was acting really off and now they won't let me go until I tell them.

"Taylor please, we're worried about you," Joe says, while drinking water.

"I'm an adult, I know what I'm doing!" I exclaim.

"Really? Cause you missed four deadlines and 3 rehearsals. I've been working my ass off trying to cover up for you and buy you time," Jack retorts.

"There was this girl who I bumped into multiple times..."

"The girl at that event a couple days ago, the one who picked up our drinks?" Selena asks.

"That one, yes,"

I didn't want to tell them about the bruises or her sleeping at the park, cause I didn't think it was my place to.

"Continue," Tree says.

"I saw her at the park and she was hurt and I said I would take her home cause her parents would be worried, and she told me she umm... doesn't have parents and ran off. Now I can't find her anymore, I've been trying to for the past 4 days," I let out.

"That's why you've been going out so often and looking out the window all the time," Joe says.

"And you go to that shop that catered at the event and to the park," Selena adds.

"Guys, I need to find her. I bumped into her 5 times, this is some kind of sign, please, I need to," I beg.

"I could maybe talk to the manager of that shop to get information about her," Tree said, after a minute of silence.

"I could help you search, maybe she's hiding from you so when you're around, she's not there," Joe adds.

"Why? Why does she hate me? I'm trying to help her!" I exclaim, getting worked up..

Joe just hugs me and I lean back into him and sigh. We all sat there for a couple of minutes.

"I want to call my mom," I say, all of a sudden and walk out the room.

I go into my room before locking the door. I could hear footsteps but I just wanted to be alone right now. I look at my phone and click the phone shape next to my mom's number. After a couple of rings, someone says "hello."

"Mom?"

"Hi honey, how are you?"

"I'm alright I guess, but mom?"

I hear her hum.

"There's this girl and I feel like I need to help her,"

"Tell me about this girl then,"

"She looks really young and I think her manager is abusing her. She doesn't have any parents and I've met her five times. This is a sign, mom. I need to help her. She hates me so she's trying to avoid me, but I just want to help!"

"Does she hate you, Taylor? After being hurt, she's not going to open up to someone, especially not a celebrity. She's scared, Taylor. You can't expect her to come to you when she doesn't know you. I'm proud of you for trying to help, but it's going to take much longer than a couple days. It would take years. Are you ready for that?"

"Of course I am, mom. I'll be there for years if she needs it, I just need her to get better."

"Are you, Taylor? What about your job? You have your tour coming up and she probably won't go with you cause she's scared. You have interviews, meetings, and rehearsals everyday. Will you have enough time? I'm not trying to bring you down, I love your idea. I'm trying to show you how much effort you have to put in,"

"I know, mom. I've never thought about all of that, I'm just so confused now, I don't know if I can help her with my job taking all my time,"

"You're one of the strongest people I know, you'll figure it out. You have me and your dad, you have Joe, Selena, Ed and so many other people with you. Take your time and figure it out,"

"Thank you, mom," I say, ending the call.

I throw my phone on the couch and fall onto the bed. I groan before starting to think about what mom told me. 

What do I do?