𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓕𝓲𝓯𝓽𝓮𝓮𝓷

𝑹𝒐𝒔𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒆'𝒔 𝑷𝒐𝒗:

I walk towards my car, keys in hand feeling a shiver slightly make its way down my spine. I get in my car as my mind aimlessly wonders to what I should make for dinner.

'I don't feel like cooking' I think to myself as my stomach grumbles, I drive past grannies and smell the intoxicating smell of burgers cover my surroundings. I park my car and sigh in defeat as I head hungrily towards the diner, I head in to the diner the familiar bell ringing as I enter.

I order my food and head to a small booth in the corner as I catch eye of a new women. Presumably 'Emma' the town's most recent form of gossip. I observe quietly as she down her cup of coffee running her hands through her hair frustratedly. She seemed to be looking over a newspaper article?

She quickly spots me out of the corner of her eye and narrows her eyes probably suspicious of my gaze, I look around the empty diner and turn my gaze back to her with a soft smile.

"Hi I'm Rosette, would you like to have a seat ?" I say welcoming her over warmly. She eyes me cautiously before picking up her coffee along with the newspaper and plopping herself in the booth next to me. I smile kindly before extending my hand. She shakes it gently before tiredly saying.

"Hi, I'm Emma although you probably already know that" she huffs and rolls her eyes. I chuckle at her comment.

"Yes I do. You are quite the topic of gossip in this town unfortunately for you. May I ask though, why do you and the mayor have so much resentment towards each other?" I say carefully trying not to pry. She chuckles looking down at the paper.

"I'm Henry's birth mother, he stole the mayor's card to find me and I had to bring him home. But when I met him it was like I had finally found someone worth fighting for. I understand I made my decision but its like he's miserable with her and I don't get a good feeling." She says tiredly while running her finger gently along the mug of clearly cold coffee.

I place my hand gently on her arm before smiling supportively.

"I completely understand, I do not have a child myself but if you believe that he is not being well cared for or in this case miserable. Any good person would step in and act, the mayor needs to lay off you a little" I say as my coffee is brought over to me, I smile gratefully and thank granny. Before turning around to Emma and looking down at her mug. I get up and head to the counter ordering her some coffee as well.

"You don't have to!" She says but I stop her.

"It's my pleasure honestly" I say while sitting back down.

"Plus I must be honest. I get how you feel about the mayor she is quite the woman" I say chuckling to myself.

Emma chuckles and starts sipping her coffee.

"Tell me about it" I look down at the newspaper. It had Emma's picture on it, my eyebrows raise as I look up to meet Emma's eyes questioning silently.

"Oh yeah this, the mayor framed me. Something about the towns boundary marker or what not" she says rolling her eyes, I chuckle as this was a classic and rather petty thing the mayor would do if she didn't get her way. Emma questions my giggling.

"Well what are you gonna do about it?" I ask.

"I don't know, I really don't know." Just as Emma says this an idea pops into my head and I chuckle looking down at my coffee while shaking my head.

"What?" Emma says

"Well there is one thing you could do but it didn't come from me." I say cautiously lowering my voice and leaning towards her.

"You could always just take a bit of her precious apple tree as payment for what she's done.." I say chuckling. Emma burst out laughing and smiles brightly finishing her coffee and grabbing her leather jacket.

"That's perfect! Thank you Rosette!" She says laughing while extending her hand.

"Call me Rose." I say taking her hand into mine. She rushes out the door to most likely plan her much deserved  attack on the mayor, I turn around to be greeted by granny as she hands me my plate of food and walks towards the counter.

I begin eating my food in the comfort of the silence of the diner. As soon as my food is finished and pay the bill and head towards my car. As I head towards it I see a small note tied around three beautiful roses with a pretty gild ribbon holding the roses together. I pick them up and quickly notice they are the exact ones from the shop.

"Oh my god they're beautiful.." I say quietly looking around to see if anyone is around. I slowly pick up the note seeing my name written perfect atop of it.

"Dear Rosette,
                          I know how much interest you have in these roses, such beautiful, delicate things. It would be a shame to have them sat in my shop with no true meaning to them. So they are yours. Considerate my gift to you Rose..

A true display of eternal beauty much like their new owner.

~Gold."

I blush as I read the letter...

"Wow..."

Authors Note🌼

Hiya everyone! If anyone has any suggestions or requests they would like included in this story please don't be afraid to share! Happy reading lovlies 🌼