𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓕𝓲𝓿𝓮

𝑹𝒐𝒔𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒆'𝒔 𝑷𝒐𝒗:

It had only been a few months since I had started working for a Rumple. It was going well so far. It had been slow but I think I'd finally made some progress on getting rumple to downright respect me as his maid. I was in the main entrance on my hands and knees scrubbing the dirty boot stained marble floors, my back however began hurting as I scrubbed, it had been like this since I had been here. I swear it's that stupid dungeon floor and unfortunately I was getting slower and less tolerant to lift heavy things and stay on my feet.

It was getting late and I had needed to take a bath it's sweaty work scrubbing dirty out of cracks in marble floors, rumple had allowed me to use the bath in one of the spare bedrooms. I managed to finish my chores for the day and quickly went upstairs preparing a bath quickly before I made dinner. As I ran my hands through the warm water watching the bath fill up gradually my head in the clouds. I heard a cough behind me and instantly knew it was rumple, it was habit of his to make sure his presence is known if I'm busy or in the zone it's frightening sometimes when you don't know he's there's or its dead silent but ultimately helps. I jumped up quickly making myself presentable looking over at rumple. He was in his normal black bottoms however he did not have his usual leather vest, he had a white tshirt. A few buttons left open at the top. He leaned against the door looking at me. The silence was loud so I spoke up in a hushed tone.

"Is there something I could help with Rumple?"

"Oh nothing Dearie I just wanted to let you know that I am moving your living quarters" He says calmly.

"What, why? Did I do something wrong ?" I say quickly. I could barely stand sleeping in that stupid dungeon but if that's better than wherever he's gonna move me I'd take the dungeon anyday.

"Don't fret Dearie, you are staying in this guest room. If you are to be my maid you need to be well rested. I've noticed you've been slower recently.
muscle aches I'm presuming so I need you to be rested, can't have my maid slacking off" He says looking down at me before straightening himself out. I look at him, shocked at his sudden kindness.

"Th-thank you" I say smiling at him.

He looks at me almost...shocked. I freeze in my place feeling a shiver run down my spine at his gaze. I feel my cheeks heat up.

"W-what is it?" I say looking down at the ground feeling intimated but also flustered.

"Nothing. I've just not seen you smile at me before" He says before coughing, almost as if he was scolding himself for saying that, he looks away and quickly nods at me, leaving me to my bath. I swear I could've seen the smallest amount of pink dust his face. I then got in the bath letting the warm water flow over my aching muscles. I thought back to his face, he was flustered. He must've been, but why would he be so shocked at me smiling.

'That man is a mystery' I say to myself before finishing off my bath, I get out wrapping the towel around myself and pause.

'Shit I forgot my other clothes, I can't get back into those dirty clothes' I think to myself pondering what I should do next. I had no chance but to call Rumple. I slowly walk towards the bedroom door and poke my head out of hit. My hair falling over my shoulders.

"Rumple!" I yell...nothing.

"RUMPLE!" I yell again and hear sudden loud footsteps heading towards me. He comes from around the corner clearly out of breath.

'Did he run here' I think to myself my chest suddenly feeling very warm. I look at his dishelleved state staring at me.

"I-I'm sorry t-to bother you I just forgot my extra clothes" I feel my cheeks turning red as he stares at me and sighs visibly relaxing. He then puts on his signature grin before bowing.

"Well the dark one is never one to ignore a damsel in distress" swirling his fingers a puff of smoke encapsulates me and once again I'm dressed and my hair is perfectly styled, I come out from behind the door blushing as I hold my towel in my hands to wash.

"Th-thank you rumple" I say shyly looking away a piece of hair falling out of my perfect ponytail. Rumple slowly walks towards me staring right at me and tucks the stray hair behind my ear. I look at him and he stares right back into my bright green orbes. There's a softness to his eyes as he examines the features of my face. His hands are oddly cold to the touch. I grab them gently before whispering.

"Your hands...there so cold" I say swiping my thumb over his palm. He suddenly pulls away teleporting away. I feel my chest ache. 'Why did that hurt? W-wait why did he that!' I curse myself internally reminding myself what he's done.

I walk downstairs putting my damp towel into the laundry basket before heading to the kitchen to begin cooking dinner. I began making chicken with veggies and rice, I feel my stomach grumble as I dish out the food. I walk out to the main dining hall seeing rumples usual seat empty...

Although a small black envelope catches my eye. I place the plate down before picking the note up seeing a small red ribbon around it. Opening the note I read 'Dearie, bring my food to my study, knock before entering I will grab my food. Make sure to eat and get some rest ~Rumple' I smile at the note, heading upstairs I reach his office, knocking the large wooden doors. Rumple pokes his head out and comes out collecting the food a simple thank you before disappearing into his study.

I slowly head downstairs to eat my food before heading to bed, I look out of my window noticing the garden outside looking plain almost dead. 'Maybe I could garden in my free time' I think to myself getting excited as ideas run through my head of the types of plants I could plant. I put on my night gown rumple had graciously gave me and layed down on my bed. Staring at the ceiling wondering what he could possibly be doing in his study at this moment. What could he be thinking. Is he lonely. I slowly close my eyes...