𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓢𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓷

𝑹𝒐𝒔𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒆'𝒔 𝑷𝒐𝒗:

I had felt a lot better since my one sided talk with Rumple the other day. I haven't seen or heard off him since but I'm pretty sure he isn't in the mansion at this time but nethertheless I continue my daily chores, his whereabouts constantly plaguing my mind.

I begin cleaning the main dining hall humming to myself as I watch the small amout of dust disappearing under my sponge when suddenly the main doors open walking in a surprising happy looking rumple. He approaches me, a small chip in his step as he does, he then proceeds to bow down keeping the one hand behind his back.

"Why hello there dearie, fine day isn't it" I look at him confused at his happiness since he had seemed pretty stressed recently and hadn't bother to speak to me at all. He then grins before revealing three beautifully bloomed red roses in his hand.

"Roses for the lady" He says giggling, I blush and carefully take them from his hand, our hands brushing together lightly as I do. I feel a shiver up my spine.

"T-thank you rumple. You're in a fine mood today" I say as I take a small vase from his cabinet carefully placing the roses in it, sliding across and into the centre of the table as rumple happily slumps down into his chair.

"Well Dearie I had some business to attend to and let's just say it went well. Now fetch my straw I've decided I will do some spinning" I quickly nod and go to fill the vase of water hearing a quick yell.

"Chop chop Dearie" He says clapping his hands ushering me out.

I rush out to collect his straw in a tiny wicker basket before rushing back almost tripping over myself as I do. I see rumple sat at his spinning wheel already looking over at me, he quickly lifts his hand making a 'come here' motion. I feel my stomach twist and my cheeks set ablaze, I walk over placing the straw gently down beside him.

"Thank you Dearie" I nod as I begin walking towards the fireplace to place more wood into it. When my wrist is suddenly caught by rumple, I turn around quickly looking down at him. He simply stands up and proceeds to come very close to me not saying a single word. I look down at my feet not being able to meet his gaze, I feel his cold breath on my forehead as he speaks gently.

"What you said yesterday, it played on my mind all night. But a monster like me Dearie doesn't deserve any apology from you" I look up at him to see a small blush dot his face. He reaches up towards my face, I close my eyes as I feel his hand gently pull something out of my hair. I look down to see a single peice of straw roll around on his fingertips. He chuckles before taking his seat at his wheel once again.

"Thank you.." I say before walking towards the fireplace, releasing a breath I didn't know I was holding. I began placing more wood into the fire.

'Does he really think of himself as a monster' I say to myself, looking over at him. His eyes focused on the wheel infront of him, his hands pushing the wheel around.

'Its like he's in a trance' I say to myself before walking over to him, standing behind him I watch the straw spin into gold as easy as writing on a piece of paper. It was miraculous how simple it looked.

'He must've made more straw than he could ever spend in his lifetime' I say to myself looking down at him.

"You have a question Dearie" He says making me jump not knowing he knew of my presence. I walk around him sitting down beside him, keeping space as to not mess up any of his work.

"W-Why do you spin? I mean you must've made more gold than you could ever spend...not that I'm judging I guess I'm just curious" I say leaning my head on my hands watching his eyes focus as if he was pondering his response to my question. He sighs looking down at his hands.

"I like to watch the wheel it helps me forget" He says calmly, I turn my head to the side thinking about what he could possibly want to forget.

"What do you want to forget so badly?" I say calmly.

He stops spinning looking up at me with a blank expression before putting on his regular cocky grin.

"I guess it worked" He says chuckling to himself. I pause and giggle at his joke. Looking up at him with a bright smile.

"Well to me memories are precious sometimes even the bad ones. Our memories, our past it makes us who we are. Some people let it define them and some don't but I think keeping our memories is important. You get remember all the great times in your life" I say before standing up and putting my hand on rumples shoulder caressing it slightly feeling him tense underneath me.

"Don't let your past define you" I say before walking to the end of the hall feeling a familiar pair of eyes watch me as I walk.

Turning my back again as I reach the door and looking over at rumple who had been sat there frozen almost like he was actually taking in my words, he sat staring at his hands that remained unmoving on the wheel.

"And rumple...." I say watching his head quickly turn to look at me.

"Friend to friend try not to forget about the good ones" I say smiling at him as I walk out leaving him to his own company.

      'Friends' I think smiling to myself.

🌼Authors Note🌼

Hey everyone hope you're enjoying as always if there's any feedback let me know. Anyways happy reading my lovlies! 🌼