1. SAMANUN ANUNTRAKUL

Start from the beginning

"Yes, Grandma, I'm sorry. I'll make sure this is going to be the last time," she answered convincingly.

"Good."

With that, they continue having their breakfast. It is just a few minutes of silence accompanied by the sound of the plate and spoon hitting each other when grandmother starts talking again.

"Sam, you're reaching 30 already this year."

"Yes?"

Sam answers her grandmother with an obvious questioning face. She has no idea where this conversation will lead.

"Aren't you thinking about marriage?"

'There she goes again....effortlessly ruining my day.'

Sam let out a breath and said, "Grandma, we already talked about this matter, right?"

"Yes!... But that was last year, Sam!"

'Oh, it's been that long already?' She thought

"How long are you going to run from this matter?" she asked. "You're not getting any younger Sam, you need someone by your side to take care of you, to be there for you and..."

'Do I even need that 'someone' when everyone in my life meant to be gone and left me alone?

It must be a misfortune for that 'someone' if they associate their precious life with me.... whether they're going to suffer and leave or the worst case is d**th..because that's what all the people around me have been doing during my whole existence in this world. Except for... you know who...'

'But, no matter how bad my grandma is, I can't ignore the facts that she brought us up until I become who I am today. If it's not for Grandma, maybe me and my two sisters were going to be left at any nearby orphanage available 22 years ago....A hard reality hits her...it's been that long, huh?'

"...and you know how important it is to relationship status in this business world. They will keep looking down on you and seeing you as an unserious person if you're not settling down at this age. Marriage also can be one of the biggest assets for you to expand our family business, and you are aware of that Sam."

'No! I'm not. I clearly don't understand what needs to be expanded. I mean like the 'Royale Empire'. The leader of Thailand's business industry. 3rd in the whole of Asia and looking their way to enter the European market soon. What's more, she needs? They even had enough to continue living in the next 7 generations without doing anything. I'm not trying to exaggerate things, but that's how rich we are.'

"Besides, you're the only hope to bring an heir to this family, Sam. Both of your sisters already chose their path without us"

'and it's your fault grandma...how I wish and pray harder every day for you to realize your fault and all of this will not happen and my life won't be this miserable and lonely. Not to be misunderstood here, I already accepted my fate long ago and willingly took my position in this family business...but somehow I wish my grandma could accept her fault and at least apologised for her mistakes, especially towards my two sisters

Sam, who's already familiar with her grandmother's antiques, suspected where this kind of conversation would lead. The typical plot of some rich heir from the business world, who's still not in any relationship commitment at 30 years old like...Sam.

Sam let out a scoff and answered her grandmother.

"Do you need me to marry someone that you already arranged for me, Grandma?"

"That's not my point, Sam,"

"Well, that's what you've been doing with my sisters before."

"Are you trying to point fingers here?"

"Well, that's not what I mean, Grandma. What I'm referring to here is, if you have someone in mind already, just be honest and tell me what to do. That's the best thing you've been doing since the beginning, " she continued."And I have no say in this matter, right?" she calmly stated, trying her best to suppress her anger.

I didn't mean to say it that way, nor did I try to start a fight with my grandmother. But, her sisters being mentioned in this conversation makes me lose some cool, and it also makes me realise that my grandmother didn't change. Not even a bit, not even after everything I've done for her sake.

Grandmother was kinda hurt by Sam's statements, but she tried her best not to show it. She tries her best to convince herself that what she has been doing is doing her best. That includes losing both her granddaughters from her side. She actually wanna let Sam choose her life partner, but Sam's words ignite her anger and ego.

With full authority, she stated firmly to Sam.

"Okay, fine, Sam! If that's how you see things, I will find someone for you to marry, and you have no say in this!"

'Oh shit! Did I just light up the fire inside her?' I wish I could take back my words.

Sam realised her own words just ate her alive and a slight regret hit her.

"It's up to you, grandma. I have no say in this, right?" She surrendered."By the way, I've got to go. As you say, I'm late already, "

She abruptly got up from her seat without finishing her breakfast and kissed her grandma goodbye. She rushed to the door, put on her white Dior x Nike Air Force 1 sneakers, and drove her black and gold Bugatti Divo to the main office of the Royal Empire.

To be continued...

*
*
*
P/s: Pardon my English as it's not my first language. Thank you for reading and sorry if it's hard to read since this is my first time writing a story. 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻