chapter 9: slow start

Start from the beginning

I don't even know how people could finish a whole burger, it baffles me.

Shortly after, my thinking was cut to a close when Leo asked "Are you going to finish that?" while chewing his food. I shake my head negatively and he snatches my plate from my grasp. He begins munching on the rest of my burger. I think that's acceptable because atleast he isn't wasting the food.

However, Chase looked disappointed in me. We had previously discussed about eating habits and how I should improve mine but I made no effort.

I will but I just need time. He also needed patience.

I checked the time on my phone which displayed 14:00. Yay! That means only two hours until I could see Flynn. I was so happy. I even saw that Seb had texted me earlier but I was so busy training with Chase that I must've not seen it. I immediately text him back because I miss him so much.

Seb: Hey Tash, how have you been? You haven't been online for the last 2 hours or so, where are you?

Nat: Sorry for worrying you Seb, I was training with one of my biological brothers.

Seb: Don't worry Tash, you won't have to stay with them for long. :)

Nat: What do you mean Seb? Will I be moving back to England?

Seb: I mean that I will be joining you and Flynn in Brazil! :)

Nat: OMG!! When are you coming? I'm so excited EEEK! :D

Seb: Just two weeks love.

Nat: That's too long >:(

Seb: Don't worry pumpkin, I'll make sure Flynn treats you right.

Nat: Thank y-

I was unfortunately interrupted by Vincent's throat clearing. He glances at me and with his eyes, and tells me to put the phone down. I put the phone down reluctantly. He then proceeds to ask "When you smile at your phone, I want to know who you are texting." I give him a 'why do you want to know' look and tilt one of my eyebrows. But I also knew that I wasn't getting out of this.

"It's just Seb, no need to worry. He said he's going to come here in two weeks." I say happily.

I truly was ecstatic that he was coming. I was just imagine Flynn, Seb and I waking on the Brazilian beach together. All of us so happy and joyful. This time Adrien then speaks "You must be really close with Seb for him to travel with you to another country, let alone another continent."

I nod to agree with his theory. "Yea Seb, Flynn and I are so close that they are basically family to me."

I smile at the idea of them being my biological brothers. I would really love life. Unfortunately, Adrien didn't like this idea and spoke angrily "They are not your family, we are." I was quite annoyed at his argument. Who was he to tell me who are and who aren't my family? I believe that decision is up to me only.

"Sure I suppose.." I murmur quietly. He shouldn't receive the satisfaction of always being right. He definitely won't especially when I'm around.

"What is that supposed to mean huh?" Adrien spits back. I was appalled by his recent behaviour.

"It means that they are my real brothers, and you all are just my biological brothers. The only thing we share is blood, nothing more." I spat back at him. I humbled them so badly but they deserved to know how I really felt about them. I didn't want to leave them with mixed feelings.

Adrien then went quiet.

I could see the fury that engulfed his eyes. They were almost bloodshot. I then mention "If you could excuse me, I have work to be done." I then give each of them one of my infamous 'death glares' and I stand up out of my chair. I try to walk away until I hear a constant ringing from my phone.

It was one of my spies in Brazil that was calling.

What could they possibly want now? I was already in a pissed off mood from my biological brothers and now I have work. Even all my brothers eyes were on me. Shit, I couldn't have them knowing about my job.

I pick up the phone. I knew that they wouldn't call me randomly if it wasn't important.

"Boss, we have located one of the Brazilian's warehouses. I have sent you the coordinates via email. Please notify me about your next move." He speaks.

"Thank you so much Antonio, I'll inform the rest and I'll get back to you as soon as possible. You shall expect an extra bonus in your account by the end of next week. Talk to you soon, Obrigado, tire a semana de folga. (Thank you, take the week off.) " I reply back and end the phone call.

I look up from my phone to see all my biological brother's eyes laced with red and a hint of confusion.

"Nat, you know how to speak Portuguese?" Leo asks softly.

"I know how to speak loads of languages. I know English, French, Spanish, Portuguese and even Italien." I smirk while I flexed on them. The languages were all easy to learn as they were all similar with one another. My biological brothers all look like they had just seen a ghost.

Even Vincent.

"Why did you learn all of those for?" Chase asked.

The truth was that I learned them to communicate with my enemies and allies, but they couldn't know that..

Author's pov:

Hey everyone! Thank you all so much for 50+ reads! :)
Next chapters going to be fun..
Word count: 2300