Chapter 12

Aric was busy pacing the base, something he had been doing for awhile now. He did his best to keep his concern at bay, he helped around the base, talked to other soldiers and trained like crazy in the gym room. But the concern was still there, it kept creeping up his body like freezing ice as it ate away any feeling of positivity in it.

"You need to sit down." Johnny said as he walked past with a drink.

"I can't. They've been quiet for awhile now." Aric said as he glanced at Johnny.

"I know." Johnny sighed. "I can't shake the feeling that nothing us going to work out. I'm scared, Aric."

Before Aric could answer, the sound of thunder and lightning could be heard. Johnny got up to his feet and Aric quickly headed for the outside and Johnny quickly followed him.

They saw Raiden, Cassie, Jacqui and the other soldiers come running out of Raiden's teleportation spell. They saw Cassie collapse to her hands and knees, Aric slowed down slightly as he saw her like that. His heart beat faster and he feared the worst.

Cassie leaned back on her haunches and looked up at them with the mist heartbreaking look on her face, sobbing uncontrollably.

"No." Johnny said sorrowfully as he approached her before getting to his knees and hugging her tightly.

Cassie hugged back and clung to her father as the sobs became more  uncontrolled. Aric watched them for a minute, then heat started to bubble up within him, he eyes shot toward Raiden and his arms started to get engulfed in emerald flames.

Raiden looked up and sensed the hostility.

"Be rational, Aric." Raiden said.

Aric didn't respond before blasting fire at him, the thunder god redirected the attack but not before Aric jumped in with a punch. Raiden recoiled at the hit before blocking another hit from the Prince, then he blasted him back with red lightning.

"Stop! I do not want this fight." Raiden warned.

Aric didn't reply, he merely got right back up and started to walk forward. Raiden blasted him again but he quickly evaded the blast before whipping a fiery whip at the thunder god, the fiery whip nicked the side of his face and he held his face and felt blood run down his face. Aric dashed in before kneeing him in the gut before punching him across the face twice before kicking him back with a fiery trail.

Raiden got up and blocked his next hit and tried to punch him but Aric blocked it, but then Raiden moved around him and elbowed him in the side of the neck and the prince staggered. The god then bladtee him back with lightning, which send him timbljng back farther and Raiden came crashing down with a punch. Aric slid away and the punch caused a hole and cracks in the ground where his head was, then the prince spun to his feet before blasting flames at him.

Raiden blocked the attack but flew in with a kick and send him into a rock where Aric proceeded to hit him further into, then Raiden pushed him back.

"That's enough!" A voice yelled.

Aric and Raiden stopped mid attack and looked at the interrupting individual, it was Johnny and his eyes were red and he looked pissed off by the fight.

"Stop fighting. You're upsetting Cassie even more." was all he said before going silent.

Aric was fighting his urge to hit Raiden, but after a minute he stepped out of his stance and glared at the thunder god. Raiden also dropped his stance once he saw the threat was over, he also glared at the prince. This was not their first fight after all.

Aric walked off wordlessly. Johnny sighed ssfly before also walking away, leaving the thunder god to his thoughts.

              ........................................

After things calmed down between Aric and Raiden, things went back to normal and the base went back to doing its work. Cassie told everyone that she was going to rest for awhile and Johnny agreed with that, she needed it after the day's events. Johnny looked around and noticed how quiet and empty the base was without Sonja, he looked down in sadness at this and headed to go get a coffee to clear his mind.

Jacqui was busy finish wrapping a bandage around Aric's bicep, turns out red lightning can be very hot. Aric didn't feel anything and was merely staring ahead, even when Jacqui stitched him he didn't even flinch from the pain. He just felt nothing.

"Good as new." Jacqui said with a sad smile.

Aric snapped out of his haze and looked at her, she smiled reassuringly at him but he merely nodded at her.

"You should get some rest too." he said quietly.

"I'll be fine." she said with a neutral look. "One of have to be the sane one right now while Cassie sleeps."

"Just don't overextend yourself." he said.

"I won't." she then walked off toward one of the monitors.

Raiden stood a few feet away but Aric refused to acknowledge him after what happened, he wanted no part of what he wanted to say.

Suddenly, the base started shake. It started subtle first but then became more evident as sand started to blow into the base, the shakes became more violent and multiple were knocked off their feet.

"What's going on?" Johnny asked as he appeared.

The sand started to become a sandstorm and was starting to blind everyone.

"I don't know." Aric responded.

Then they looked around and the sand started to take shape, the shapes became more clearer and more human. Then the sand stopped blowing and disappeared, Aric looked around and could not spot a single grain on the floor.

"What the...." Johnny said.

The three figures were Sonya, Johnny and Jax. But younger

Aric narrowed his eyes at this.

"By the Elder Gods!" Raiden exclaimed.

They all turned to him before they watched him disappear with the sand, leaving Shinnok's amulet to fall to the ground. Aric slowly approached and pucked up the Amulet and turned to look at everyone.

"What the hell is going on?" Aric asked before looking down at the Amulet closely.