Chapter 10

Kuai Liang was a bit surprised to find Aric on his Temple grounds, much less with Mileena herself. He made his way down the steps with his Lin Kuei ninjas following him from behind, Tyra turned to look at them and she was a bit impressed to see how they carried themselves.

"Prince Aric, a pleasant surprise." Kuai Liang said as he came to a stop a few feet in front of them.

"But not an expected one, right?" Aric smiled.

Kuai Lian smirked a bit at this. Before looking at Tyra and Mileena, the latter who was cowering a bit behind Aric and Tyra. Not out of fear, but out of apprehension. She was in unfamiliar territory which made her feel vulnerable and exposed.

"Captain Tyra, I presume?" the Grandmaster said with a bow.

"You know of me?" Tyra asked a bit surprised.

"Aric spoke highly of you in our leisure times."

Tyra looked at Aric and he smiled slightly at her. She gave him a small smile and a subtle nod.

"Mileena, daughter of Shao Kahn." Kuai said with a serious expression. "You were a menace during the Mortal Kombat and still, when you were Kahn of Outworld."

"And what of it, Sub Zero?" Mileena snarled.

"If you are here with Aric then it suggests you are an ally of his. For now." Kuai Liang stated. "Do not feel threatened. We talk first before engaging in a fight."

That seemed to make Mileena ease up a bit, but only slightly.

"What brings you here? Surely this is not a friendly visit."

"We need your help, Kuai Liang." Aric got to the point. "I just got word from General Blade, Shinnok is free again and he is on his way to the Sky Temple. If he gets his hands on the Earth's Jinsei, it will end badly for Earthrealm. Plus, Kotal Kahn's forces are after the Kids and I'm sure they'll be here soon."

"Hmm." Kuai said as he started to pace. "This is grave news. The Lin Kuei will be willing to help. But how do we know that this is not a trap?"

Then the Temple started to shake. They all started to move to the edge of the mountain and looked toward the horizon, a red cloud starter to spread and turned the sky blood red.

"Is that convincing enough for you?" Aric asked.

Kuai merely hummed.

"How do we proceed?" Tyra asked.

"The entrance that leads to the Sky Temple is not far from here." Kuai said with a nod toward the horizon. "We can still save Earthrealm if we leave now."

"You going to gather your clan?" Aric asked.

Kuai Liang nodded and signalled his ninjas and they moved off to prepare.

             .........................................

The Lin Kuei assassins moved through the trees like shadows, with Aric, Mileena and Tyra tailing behind. Kuai Liang merely walked with them as they made their way toward the entrance.

"We're almost close." Aric said calmly. "This is the same woods that Johnny, Sonya and the Special Forces took on the Revenants in."

"I know." Kuai said as they moved forward.

Then they heard commotion, like a fight in the distance.

"Do you hear that?" Mileena asked.

"Must be a fight. We should go and find out if it's allies." Tyra said.

Kuai and Aric nodded and they all took off.  Then they came to a clearing and saw the Kombat Kids surrounded by Kotal Kahn and his forces.

"Its your Kids!" Tyra said.