Chapter 6

A full year had passed since the incident at Quan Chi's fortress, a lot had happened since then. Johnny and Sonya got married, they bought a family home and Johnny took a break from acting for awhile. And so much more, since they had a new surprise now.

Aric, Raiden, Hanzo and Kuai Liang walked through the halls of a hospital in California, while gaining stares from doctors, nurses and patients.

"Is this the right hospital?" Hanzo asked.

"Well, Johnny did say HeisenField Medical Center." Aric stated while looking unsure.

Then they approached the reception desk, the nurse behind the desk was on the phone and when she looked up at them, her smile faded. Her eyes looked between Hanzo's yellow uniform and Kuai Liang's uniform, then at Raiden's glowing eyes.

"I-I'll c-call you back." she said to the person on the phone before hanging up, then looked at the group in front of her. "C-can I, erm....can I help you?"

"Hello. I'm Lord Raiden and these are my compatriots." Raiden said. "We were told Sonya Cage is in this hospital. We would like to see her."

"And w-who are you?" she asked.

"We're friends of hers from the Special Forces." Aric said as he stepped up to the desk.

The nurse nodded before typing on the computer.

"Ms Cage is in Room 208. Just down the hall and then take a left."

"Thank you." Raiden said.

Then they started to head down the hall.

"Holy shit! What was that?!" the nurse exclaimed to herself as she breathed in relief.

            ...........................................

Aric was busy playing a green flame in his hand while they waited outside Sonya's ward room, Hanzo was reading a magazine from a stack he stole, Raiden stood off to the side and waited patiently. Kuai Liang had his arms crossed and was bouncing his leg.

Then the door opened and out came the doctor, he looked between the four unusual people in front of him before dismissing it.

"Ms Cage is ready for you now." the doctor saud before leaving.

"About time." Aric said before getting up.

The rest joined him at the door and they all quietly entered the room, Sonya and Johnny looked up at the four individuals and smiled at them. In her arms, was a baby that was fast asleep and she rocked her softly while Johnny started at the baby.

"Hi." Sonya said softly.

"Hey Sonya." Aric said back softly.

"Sonya Cage. Allow me the first to congratulate you on your newborn child." Raiden said with a small smile.

"Thank you, Raiden." Sonya said.

"We may not know each other very well. But I'm happy for this fortune that came to you." Kuai Liang said with a small bow.

"The same for me." Hanzo said.

"Thank you, Grandmasters." Sonya said with a smile.

"So, what's her name?" Aric asked.

"Cassie." Sonya said looking down at her baby. "Cassandra Cage."

"Or Cass for short." Johnny said with a smirk.

"Gonna make her an actress?" Aric asked teasingly.

"Hell no!" Sonya said quickly.

"I didn't even agree." Johnny defended himself.

"Yeah. She's gonna be just fine with you two around." Aric saud with a smile.

"Yeah, about that..." Johnny said. " Sonya and I have been thinking about something for awhile now."

"We've known each other for awhile now and you are kinda at the center of it all basically. You saved our lives a few times." Sonya said.

"And we know you missed your chance if being family with Kitana and we know you're still hurting over it." Johnny said.

"What are you guys saying?" Aric asked as he glanced between them.

Sonya and Johnny looked at each other.

"We want you to be Cassie's godfather."

"Nice." Hanzo said.

Aric was speechless. He did not expect this.

"Me?"

"Yeah. You." Sonya said with a chuckle.

"I'm sure you can give her what she needs as she grows." Johnny said with a smile. "I mean, you helped me."

"This is a huge honor. Thank you." Aric said as he felt touched by this. "I will try my best to guide her."

"We know you will." Johnny said.

"Earthrealm customs are still foreign to me but I'll try to teach the ways of my people, I guess." Aric said with a shrug.

"A few fighting techniques wouldn't hurt either." Sonya added with a smirk.

"Maybe." Aric nodded. "I'll see what I can do."

"We should be going, Sonya Cage." Raiden then spoke up. "Our attention is needed elsewhere."

"I know." Sonya said feeling a bit left out of the action. "Thank you for coming though."

"It was our pleasure." Hanzo bowed.

Then they all left. Aric was the last to leave as he watched Sonya and Johnny gush over their child, he smiled before closing the door and leaving.