He frowned even more. But I continued regardless, knowing that I couldn't stop now, "I know that you don't want me romantically" I quoted the last word with my fingers. His eyes were still locked onto mine, and he looked ready to say something...but then shook his head again. My heart sunk.

But I kept talking, desperate. "It was so childish of me to act that way" I added. I wasn't sure what else I could say, so I decided to leave. I stood up to walk away from him, but before I made it very far, he caught my wrist and tugged gently. "Please?" I whispered. He shook his head once more.

Eunwoo let go of my wrist just so he could place it around my waist and pull me closer. The kiss that followed surprised me, though not in any way that made me want to scream. Instead, his lips seemed to melt into mine, the sensation sending sparks down my spine. I felt like a million fireworks were exploding within me, all at once.

We pulled apart, and for a few moments, we simply stared at each other, our foreheads pressed together. "I don't want to leave" he whispered against my lips, "but I do" I replied. His eyebrows furrowed, "What?" He asked. I smiled sadly at him.

"You don't mean that " he said. I could see the disappointment clouding over his face. "Yes, I do" I answered. "You're right, Eunwoo " I sighed, "I should just stop wasting your time."

But I didn't move away as his hand cupped the side of my face. He leaned forward until he met my forehead with his own. His breath warmed my face, and I closed my eyes. "I was just being a dick" he whispered.

I opened my eyes to watch him. "You have every right to be upset." I didn't tell him how disappointed I'd been when he told me that we couldn't be official. I also didn't mention how much it had hurt to learn that he didn't even have feelings for me.

"I love to have you close Y/n, you just make me feel things" he said, sounding genuine. "And I shouldn't keep holding you back, but-" His voice dropped, and his shoulders slouched in defeat. "I miss you" he admitted.

"I really hate it when we're not talking" he added "And I don't know why" he groaned. "Everything feels wrong without you beside me". A blush crept over his cheeks, his fingers curling in my shirt, pulling it slightly taut. It was so cute. "I know, I sound like such an ass." He laughed self-consciously. I chuckled too, feeling my own embarrassment begin to subside.

"I don't want you to ignore me Miss Y/n, it doesn't feel right" I could hear how insecure he sounded. "So please don't do that to me." He lifted one of my hands and kissed my palm "Let me try to fix this". He looked back at my eyes. He took a shaky inhale. And he closed his eyes. When he opened them, his face was determined.

"Let's give this dating thing a chance" he whispered with a smile. My breath hitched, unable to believe what I was hearing. I blinked twice "Y/n" he repeated "Let's try this. Please" he added. I swallowed hard, nodding slowly.

He released my hand to wrap both of his arms around me, hugging me tightly.