Chapter 35: A Surprise Entry...Or Two

The next fight involved Magna from the Black Bulls, Sol from the Blue Roses and Kirsch Vermillion from the Coral Peacocks.

"Wait, that's your brother, right? I remember him from the dinner" Télos asked Mimosa, who didn't seem to happy to see his sibling

"Wait, that's your brother, right? I remember him from the dinner" Télos asked Mimosa, who didn't seem to happy to see his sibling. Speaking of, said brother acknowledged his younger sibling's presence and approached her.

"Mimosa? Are you here to witness my beautiful self, my beloved but not so beautiful little sister? Don't let my beauty cause your heart to stop" He said.

"I wouldn't say you're beautiful, you're so narcissistic that is creepy" Mimosa tried to hide it with a fake smile, but her anger was coming off in waves. Télos had to fight off a laugh. Luckily, Kirsch was way too self-centered to see it.

"What are you talking about, Mimosa? You can't tell how beautiful I am? Are you sick? Let me cure you"

'Is this guy for real?' Télos asked to himself. He was going to find out, as Kirsch turned to him. "Hi, I'm a friend of Mimosa" He greeted simply.

"Are you the peasant known as Télos?" He asked. Télos' alarms rang. If the first word Kirsch related him with was 'peasant', he knew where this was headed.

"I am" Télos answered. As expected, Kirsch's face darkened.

"Don't talk to me as though we're friends, you swine" It was Télos' face turn to darken.

"The hell did you just call me?" Tension rose between the two as petals floated around Kirsch and black rays started shooting off Télos' body.

"Vice-Captain, may we resume the exam?" Julius asked from behind him. Télos noticed that everyone was looking at him. He sighed and forced himself to calm down. He walked back to his spot next to Julius.

"May I offer a piece of advice?" Julius asked. Télos motioned him to talk. "Try to get along a little better with the other Magic Knights, you are supposed to work together"

"I am Vice-Captain, I deserve a little bit of respect. If they treat me like shit, they get treated like shit, no matter the social status" From Julius' left side, the king scoffed. It had been insulting enough for him to accept a peasant as Vice-Captain, he had almost fainted when Julius had proposed him as Captain. He had turned it down, there was no way a peasant was going to lead the ROYAL Knights. So they had agreed to put a royal, Mereoleona, as Captain, and leave Télos as her lieutenant. He had been given an honor no peasant should even dream of, and he was complaining? Augustus would bring him down, one way or another.