Chapter 11: The Man Your Father Would be Proud of

"We are in the midst of monsters!"

What the hell is he doing this time?

Kaveh raised an eyebrow at Il Dottore, nudging Tighnari who looked at him just as quizzically. The lycan was standing in the center of the university, holding up a sign that said "Beware of the Monsters" and shouting absolute slander. It's a good thing everyone knew Zandik was absolutely bonkers.

Kaveh and Tighnari eventually decided to approach him, Kaveh raising an eyebrow, "Dr. Zandik, what are you doing?"

"Did you take your meds today? Let me text Dr. Pantalone," Tighnari sighed in frustration, "We're going to see him anyways, so this works out."

"Oh young fennec, I don't need my meds! I'm a genius." That heinous laugh definitely said otherwise. "I've been approached by the hideous beasts! Back demons! By the light of the archons I cast thee back!"

"Dottore, you're literally- I don't have the mental capacity for this," Kaveh massaged his temples, not really sure on what to do in this situation.

"He's fine. For once in his sad life." Kaveh turned around to see Kunikuzushi approaching with an annoyed look on his face, arms crossed over his chest. "Not only does this sorry bastard like attention, but this is his yearly assignment of pissing his class off. Pretty much, he's being an asshole and 'exposing' us. The assignment is ignoring him. Don't bother him too much while I'm around. It'll lower my grade. We all know he does this for fun though. Last year he pissed oh Kazuha so much we had to restrain him. That man can truly piss off anyone. I've known Kazuha for years and not once have I ever seen him angry like that. Safe to say, he's retaking the class right now."

A malicious smile came to Zandik's face as he approached Kunikuzushi, almost like he was forgetting the fact that Tighnari and Kaveh were still standing there, "Well if it isn't my favorite little test subject. How about we go back to my lab and practice lobotomies together? I have a new poison I'd like to try on you. How's your thirst? You know I'm on the verge of a break through to fully suppress it."

"Piss off, you old geezer," Kunikuzushi took a step back, glaring in disgust, "Is there a reason you're farther up my ass than my own boyfriend is?" Kaveh choked at that. He almost questioned it before Kunikuzushi gave him a sharp look, "No." Well that answered that.

"Your relationship with each other... always confuses me. Do you hate each other or not?" Tighnari questioned, having a lot more courage than him.

"Close? With him?" Kunikuzushi scoffed.

"Of course we're close! I'm like his papa," Dottore's laugh made Kaveh think otherwise.

"You wish," Kunikuzushi scoffed, "This bastard ruined my life. I'm glad I never have to work with him ever again."

"You ruined your own," Dottore snickered, "If this is what's called ruining your life, then I'd say your ruined your own. But I can't believe you quit just to get away from me. How cruel."

"You call Niwa ruining my own- nope. I can't deal with this today," Kunikuzushi groaned and, much like Kaveh did before, started rubbing his temples. Good to know Zandik had that effect on everyone. "One, this is all your doing. Two, yes, I quit because of you. You're awful to work with and once I'm out of this school I will never have to see you again."

"Wait, Kunikuzushi is no longer a harbinger?" Tighnari's inquisition was quiet to not draw attention. Harbinger was definitely not a word they should hear humans repeating. For their own safety, at least.

"Unfortunately, my dear puppet quit and left me all alone. Isn't that so cruel?" Dottore whined. A grown man whined over his coworker quitting. Gods, he definitely was a creep.