Chapter 4: Bickering Ensued

"My friend?"

The fennec nodded before removing his gaze from the little vampire and looking down at his own hands, opening and closing them repeatedly, "Yes... that is who I am. Your friend..." the fox trailed off before looking back at the blonde, eyes slightly growing wide at the sight of his assignment crying. Well, that was no good. "Are you sad? Did I say something?" The fox approached the boy in front of him before reaching out slowly, resting his hand on his head and gently rubbing. "Don't cry."

He watched as the boy hiccuped and sniffled before roughly pulling the fennec into a hug. Tighnari froze up at first, but not soon after did he hug back, rubbing the vampire's back. Without the fennec even having to ask, the blonde said, "I'm Kaveh," through tears and sniffles. The familiar had already known that, but it didn't stop him from nodding and saying, "Hi Kaveh. It's nice to meet you." Just being brought into this world and being greeted by such a warm and loving hug... Tighnari couldn't complain one bit. Unfortunately, the hug broke as quick as it came, Kaveh taking the time to analyze the other through physical contact, like he was making sure he was real, hands trailing over then skin of his arms, pinching at his cheeks, thumb opening his mouth to look at his little canines. At one point, he reached up to feel his ears to which Tighnari pulled away and gave him a small warning growl.

"I may be your familiar but I'm not yours to manhandle." This caused Kaveh to pull away and apologize quickly, earning an accepting nod from Tighnari. Kaveh's questions started light, "What are you?"

"A familiar."

"Where did you come from?"

"Lesser Lord Kusanali made me."

"How did you get here?"

"You called for me. You asked for me and so I came into existence."

"Cool," Kaveh whispered to himself. That resulted in a nod and giggle from Tighnari, "Very cool."

Tighnari gasped when Kaveh suddenly jumped to his feet, "I hear footsteps. Mommy's coming. I have to hide you or she'll be upset I have a friend!" Kaveh grabbed onto Tighnari's wrist, pulling him towards his closet. "One that mommy will like," Tighnari said, but didn't struggle, "That's what you asked for, right? I wouldn't have come to existence if I didn't fill that desire. At least that's what I was made knowing." Even if they wanted to continue that conversation or Kaveh wanted to force Tighnari in the closet, his bedroom door was already opening.

"Honey, I'm really sorry for lashing out like that. I just worry so much about you and- oh my stars!" Kaveh's mother gasped when she saw the familiar and much to Kaveh's surprise, she didn't seem upset, approaching the two and lowering herself to be head to head with Tighnari. "Aren't you a cute little thing? I've never met a Valuka Shuna before. Did you just manifest? Did the archons bless my sweet little Kaveh with you?" She reached down, taking Tighnari's hands in her own, rubbing her thumbs over the back of them. "My name is Faranak. It's so nice to meet you. Do you mind telling me your assignment?"

Were conversations always this physical? He didn't mind it. "It's nice to meet you as well, ma'am. I manifested only a few minutes ago. I am Tighnari. My assignment is to be Kaveh's friend. One that you will like. I was informed to tell you not to worry about... another mouth to feed? That is what the God of Dendro is telling me. I do not need food or water. I was made to be respectful and-"

"Sh sh," she shushed him, putting a finger over his lips, "You are absolutely perfect the way you are. No need to coax me. And just Faranak is fine. If you're here to make my little Kaveh happy then that's enough for me." She moved her hand to caress Tighnari's cheek who lightly leaned into it, looking up at her wide eyed. "Thank you ma- Faranak. Thank you Faranak."