Side Story 1, Part 2: Every Day in the Afterlife

How did they get here? It happened to fast to keep track of. As if the world was setting everything up in his favor.

"Do you... want to come back to our house after the open house? To formally meet our mother?" And who was Cyno to refuse? He found out that they moved from Gandharva Ville to Port Ormos so that Faranak could be close to them if anything ever happened while at school. It was just working out. It was all falling into place. Just like Pactsworn said it would.

And not to mention he got along with Kaveh very well. He made sure of it after the God said Kaveh was a deal breaker. And he handled everything just as told.

"So... why'd you chose Teyvat Akademiya?" Kaveh asked, staring at Cyno with a great deal of judgement.

Repeat after me, young one.

"They have one of the best criminal justice programs in the world. It was only natural. Along with fate just leading me here. It was the only place that worked for both me and my family," and the best possible future.

Kaveh tsked slightly, looking over at Tighnari who was sitting next to him, nervously shaking his leg. Was Tighnari just as nervous? They were on a lunch break currently at a rather close pizza restaurant. The only person eating though was Cyno. Then they'd be free to roam the school on their own. A huff left Kaveh's lips before he faced Cyno again, "And what's your plan with my brother? You like him?"

"Like?" Cyno said, bewildered, "No I don't like him. I love him. I knew that since the first day I laid eyes on him."

"You can't love someone you just met!" Kaveh groaned, furrowing his eyebrows in frustration, "You don't even know each other and you're talking about love? Cyno, be honest, are you just interested because you have some kind of fascination with what he is? That you just want to, I don't know, sleep with him and quell that curiosity of 'what it's like to have sex with someone who isn't human?'" Kaveh's voice was just over a whisper as he spoke to Cyno, the only ones able to hear them were the three.

Cyno couldn't help but feel a bit flustered, hearing Tighnari bicker with Kaveh, saying things like 'you can't just ask someone that.' But Cyno didn't even need to wait for Pactsworn to be able to answer that question. "Kaveh, I didn't find out about who you two were until after I made my mind up about who I want to spend the rest of my life with. And even then, I could really careless. Even now, seeing Tighnari blending in, he's just as beautiful. And just as much the one for me. I believe in fate. And fate has led me here. And fate has led me to Tighnari." He smiled gently at Tighnari, "Tighnari is my present and my future." Cyno watched a mix of emotions play on Tighnari's face. But the most prominent one was adoration.

You did well.

Cyno heard a sigh come from Kaveh, focusing back on the blonde in front of him, "Fine fine. I guess you passed the test. But," Kaveh looked over at Tighnari with accusation, "You need to tell him."

The fennec's face flared red, leaning away from Kaveh, "I'm not gonna tell him that!"

"Then I'll tell him. He needs to know. What if you change your mind?"

"I won't!"

"You say that every time."

"No I don't!"

What... were they bickering about? No matter. "I'm willing to wait, if you're not comfortable now. Whatever it is... I'm willing to be patient and wait. If it's that personal, it might be better to find a more private location." Kaveh and Tighnari looked at each other for a moment, as if silently communicating. He noticed the two did that a lot. It was kind of cute, in a way. They both nodded before Tighnari looked back at Cyno.