chapter 8

Fang duobing was doubting. Will this plan really work? But still, he trusts senior Yan. So, he made his way to his father's study room.

  FLASHBACK

" What plan, senior Yan?" Fang duobing asked. " Child, do you know that your family's ancestors worshiped the sanxing deities? We can make use of that fact and make them believe that your healing of legs was because of them." Yan Wang explained. Fang duobing was excited and asked," How can we do that?"

" You just need to go to your father and say that you had a dream about three older people saying that they will send someone to cure your legs but in return they need you to go mount puchu and make a prayer there. This will make your father belive you and we can easily travel without anyone's interference." Yan Wang said and Fang duobing was impressed by this plan. " My family's ancestors really worshiped sanxing deities?" He is curious to know about his family's history. Yan Wang nodded and said," Your family's second head, had a loss in his business and that head nearly lost his life. But a monk friend of his suggested that he worships the sanxing deities to see if he can save himself from the situations. And it did work. So, from then on, the business worked out well. But, even if the profession did change in the middle, your family's fortune did not diminish. It's one of your family secret, child. Since you are still a child, your father was thinking that he will say about these things in the future."

Fang duobing nodded, understanding a part of his family's history. " What about the person that will come to treat me? Do we have to hire someone?" He asked. Yan Wang just smiled and said," You don't need to fret about the small things, child. You do your thing and I'll do the rest." He said disappearing.

  BACK TO THE PRESENT

Fang duobing went to meet his father who was in his study room. When minister Fang saw his son, he quickly went to Fang duobing and took him inside the room. " What brings you here, Xiaobao?" he asked, making Fang duobing sit near his desk. " Father, do you believe in gods or fairies?" Fang duobing asked and when he saw his father's surprised face, he knows that their plan will work. " Why did you ask that, Xiaobao?!" His father asked him slightly rising his voice. " Father, I had a dream last night. There were three older men, and they were saying that they can heal my legs. Even though it was dream, it felt so real." Fang duobing said thinking that he was becoming more professional in spitting lies and nonsense, thanks to that old fox, I suppose.

" What?! They said that?! What else did they say." Minister Fang asked excitedly. Fang duobing feigned confusion but still told him what Yan Wang said to him. Minister Fang was happy that their family's God responded to them finally. " Xiaobao, your legs will be healed! You can walk and run all you want." He then started a lecture on their family history which, Fang duobing already know but can't say anything about it. After finishing his lecture, Minister Fang immediately left to tell his wife about it. Fang duobing returned to his room feeling slightly guilty for lying but all for the best. He calls Yan Wang and he appeared Infront of him.

" Senior Yan, I think our plan will succeed. My father believed about that dream." Fang duobing said. Yan Wang nodded and said," Then, tonight we will go and collect the grave robber's badge. The corpse had already arrived to the Sigumen last night." Fang duobing just signed and accepted his fate of getting Li xiangyi's suspicion. They agreed to infiltrate at midnight.

At Sigumen

Li xiangyi sat on his chair in the meeting room. They had just finished what to do with Jin Mantang, his illegal treasures and young miss Zhiyu. And their topic came to that mysterious person who knows about all the details of Jin Mantang and about the Nanyin treasures. Some of the elders are accusing that he may be a criminal. Some are saying that he may be a spy. Even his senior brother was saying negative things about him. Li xiangyi was a little angry that no one was speaking up for that person. That person who didn't hurt a single hair on young miss zhiyu. That person who carried themself with elegance. The person who helped them find about that bastard Jin Mantang. Li xiangyi didn't find that person dangerous. He felt that he could trust him.

But apparently, these elders don't think so. It's nearing midnight. Li xiangyi was getting a headache with all of their accusations and nonsense. So, he dismissed the meeting and left. Biqiu was waiting for Li xiangyi outside the meeting room. When he saw him, Biqiu immediately went to him and said," Sect leader, I have something that needs your help." Li xiangyi was tired, but he didn't want to lose face, so he agreed and asked," What's the matter?" Biqiu took out a pouch and a small bell like tassels and gave them to Li xiangyi. " Sect leader, this is one of the Nanyin treasures that we found in the Jin Mantang's manor. This small bell has some type of insects that reacts to the powder in this pouch. When our herbalist inspected it, we found out that it is used as a tracking device. The person who has the powder or if they have some on their body the insects will react, and the bell will vibrate more. But one backlash is that these insects release poison gas if they are not supplied yang qi regularly. we tried to suppress them, but we couldn't really calm them. So, I've come to see you immediately." Biqiu explained neatly and Li xiangyi nodded, understanding the situation. So, he quickly his qi to the bell and the bell, which is vibrating in his hand, completely went still.

" Is the powder safe or is it also poison?" Li xiangyi asked looking at the pouch. " No, Sect leader. The powder is safe. But what is more interesting is that it is very hard to detect. It's completely colourless, scentless and this powder will stay on the person for a whole 45 days. The person will never know if they don't know about it beforehand. Only these insects will recognize the powder's smell." Biqiu said. " I'll take care of it from now on. Is there anything else?" Li xiangyi asked looking at Biqiu. " There is one more thing, Sect leader. It's about the corpse of one of the thieves of the Netherlands. It arrived last night when you had just arrived and Second sect leader wants to handle the matter himself. But I thought I should report to you." Biqiu said. Li xiangyi frowned when he heard about it. Senior brother wants to solve the case himself? " From where did that corpse came from?" Li xiangyi asked deep in thought. " They came from Yipin tomb, on mount puchu." Biqiu replied but continued," But Sect leader, what's weird is that the tomb belongs to consort xuan who belongs to Nanyin kingdom." Li xiangyi's interest peaked when he heard about this. Is that mysterious person somehow connected to the Nanyin kingdom?  

" Where is that corpse right now?" he asked Biqiu. " Sect leader, they are kept in the left most ice warehouse. But Second sect leader said that no one should enter without permission." Li xiangyi just waved his hand in dismissal. who can stop Li xiangyi if he wants to do some investigation. " You can leave now, Biqiu." he said and made his way to the ice warehouse. When he reached there, he felt someone inside. " Whose there?!" Li xiangyi shouted and use his Yangzhouman to rum faster and entered the warehouse.