chapter 7

After all the investigation and interrogations, some of the guests are quite irritated. Because they got delayed for whatever things they had. But they can't do anything about it because the person who ordered that the guests should not leave is the no.1 sword god, Li xiangyi. Li xiangyi had a tiny bit of hope that the person in black can be among the guests. (not that he knows that the person in black is Fang duobing like us😉). But he couldn't find that person. But he did arrest Jin Mantang and caught the herbalist and docter who told the whole plan of them. Some of the medicines are even poisoneous and even illegal in the martial arts world. After the procedures for arresting Jin Mantang are done, Li xiangyi sighed in relief. But he still felt frustrated that he couldn't find that person. Li xiangyi... Li xiangyi... what had happened to you. Why are you so obsessed with that person? Li xiangyi can only console himself that he will get that person next time. He will find him. No matter what it takes. He then went inside the manor to see if Jin Mantang has other things hidden.

BACK TO FANG DUOBING

" Senior Yan, did you get the ice plank?" Fang duobing asked, returning to his normal child form and sitting on his wheelchair. Yan Wang had returned when he was on the rooftop. He said that they can leave but got late when Li xiangyi caught him. " Congrats on collecting the first plank, Fang duobing. If we can collect all the planks, we can stop a huge destruction that is yet to happen." Yan Wang said looking at the ice plank in his hand. Fang duobing wanted to ask something but both of them went silent when they heard footsteps coming their way. They are still in the garden that is far away from the ' crime ' scene. Yan Wang also vanished. Fang duobing poked his head out of the flower bushes just to see Li xiangyi. He cursed himself that he was so lucky to have Li xiangyi on his tail. Li xiangyi also saw Fang duobing and frowned seeing the child there. " Fang duobing? What are you doing here?" He asked coming near Fang duobing. Again, he smelled that scent. Li xiangyi stopped in his tracks and looked at the child. He was doubting that maybe this child was related to that person because they both had the exact scent, but still, he doesn't want to jump into conclusions without solid proof. " Senior Li, I was just admiring the flowers." Fang duobing replied fisting his hands to salute. Li xiangyi waved his hand," You don't have to always salute to me, Fang duobing. I'm your uncle's junior. You should also call me uncle Li." Having heard this Fang duobing wanted to vomit. There's no way in hell that he will call Li xiangyi as uncle. His slight reluctance was shown on his face and Li xiangyi didn't know why he was agitated. But he didn't argue with that. " You should leave now, Fang duobing. It's not safe here anymore. I'll take you back." Li xiangyi said already having hold of the wheelchair. 

" You don't have to do this, senior Li. I can row without any help." Fang duobing complained, pouting slightly. Li xiangyi saw the bulging cheeks and couldn't stop himself from pinching. Fang duobing whose cheeks are being pinched, looked at Li xiangyi with big, round eyes, in shock. " I didn't mean to upset you Fang duobing. It's just there is someone here that I have to capture and I also saw your father searching for you and is panicking." He said and continued to row Fang duobing to the main hall. " Who are you trying to capture, senior Li?" Fang duobing asked, feeling a little agitated that Li xiangyi might be talking about him. " I don't know. That's what I have to find out." Hearing the determination in his voice, Fang duobing started to sweat. I'm dead. I'm so very dead. Fang duobing thought to himself. 

When they reached the main hall, Minister Fang was indeed panicking because he had to find his son. When he saw Fang duobing coming with Li xiangyi he was so happy and thanked Li xiangyi so many times even Li xiangyi was feeling a little embarrassed. Fang duobing finally stopped his father and asked if they should leave. Minister Fang agreed but not without causing even more headaches for Fang duobing because he just invited Li xiangyi for lunch the coming lantern festival banquet Tianji hall holds every year. Li xiangyi just smiled politely about to refuse but when then looked at Fang duobing who was looking at him and when he noticed his gaze, he immediately turned his head. He wanted to find out if Fang duobing is related to that black figure. So he agreed to attend the banquet.

Which resulted in Fang duobing's slump in his room." Senior Yan, what should we do? If Li xiangyi is already suspecting us then it will be hard for us to do our work?!" Fang duobing was whining as he rolled on his bed. Yan Wang was just leisurely sitting on one of the chairs, holding the ice plank. " There's nothing we can do about that, child. It all depends on fate." Fang duobing can't refute that. " Then we will see what happens in the future. Eh! Senior Yan, since we have one of the ice plank, we also know about the whereabouts of the second plank. Do we have information about the other ice planks and the heavenly rama vessel?" Fang duobing asked sitting up on his bed. " we do." Yan Wang said and continued," but to find the last plank and the heavenly rama vessel, it will take time. And we have to stop and cease the actions of Jiao Li qiao. Right now, she just started to work with Shan gudao and they don't have much information like we do. So we have nip at the roots of all problems one at a time to avoid suspicion." Hearing this Fang duobing sighed. Gods know what they are doing. He thought to himself.

" Senior Yan, I still don't get why Li xiangyi was suspecting us without any knowledge." Fang duobing asked visibly deflating. Yan Wang didn't reply. Just smiled a little mysteriously. Fang duobing pouted not getting any reply. " Fang duobing, right now that was not the thing we should care. We have to go and collect the jade badge of one of the fourteen thieves of Netherland." Fang duobing blinked," why?" Yan Wang just said," The tomb of yipin was constructed with a special type of stone which attracts corpse bugs and some of them even traps qi signatures. People with high levels of yang energy will not be attacked by the bugs. You are still in your child form and does not have that much yang qi. It will be a problem for you, so you have to have that badge." He explained. Fang duobing nodded his head," Then where can we find the tassel now?" Yan Wang looked at him and said," Sigumen." Fang duobing just blinked and collapsed on his bed instantly. " SENIOR YAN!!! You can't do this to me! We are trying to not to attract Li xiangyi's attention. You want to sent me straight to the lion's den. It's not fair!!" He started throwing a tantrum saying that he won't go. Yan Wang just shook his head and said," You have to go, child. You need that tassel to go and collect the second ice plank." With that Fang duobing calmed down but was still sulking. I have nowhere to go now.

" Oh! About your wheelchair problem, I've got a plan." Yan Wang said smiling. Fang duobing just tilted his slightly in confusion.