0 : An End or a Beginning?

Start from the beginning

I cried so hard that there were no more tears coming out of my own eyes. I conjured an ice mirror to take a glance on what I look like. Looking at the mirror I saw my face, my eyes are swollen with pigments of red on it, lips are chapped signs of exhaustion and no hydration, and my skin is pale probably due to exhaustion and stress.

I tried relaxing my facial muscles forcing my face to smile but no matter what I do it just doesn't look like a genuine smile.

As I'm distracting myself from what recently happened the connection with my bond Sylvie who I left in Xyrus with Tessia suddenly went off.

I immediately tried to stand up from the ground but my body didn't do what i commanded. My legs gave up even before straightening up. I tried again and again but nothing seems to work.

Then I suddenly remembered the healing crystals Alice gave me when I was adventuring. I pulled the gloves off my dimension ring and found there's one left. I quickly broke it and felt my body getting a little bit better.

Being able to stand and run now I rushed outside the dungeon and hovered myself with a wind spell towards the nearest teleportation gate to Xyrus.

///

Arriving to the nearest teleportation gate I quickly made my way to it to go to Xyrus as fast as possible.

"Hold it! who are you and why is a kid in the Beast glades? " An elf guard suddenly asked me to stop, stopping me from my tracks. I threw the crest of the royal family from my dimension ring to him and rushed inside the teleportation gate without waiting for a response.

I flew using wind magic to a height that would be able to easily see the whole city and there I saw it. A red barrier surrounding the whole Xyrus academy. Instantly realizing that the barrier is the one blocking my connection with Sylvie, I dived towards the academy readying myself on what's about to happened.

Nearing to the red barrier I activated realmheart and disrupted the mana particles destroying the barrier. I landed in front of the tri-union hall  deactivating realmheart, what then welcomed me is a scene no one would expect. Dozens of sick looking mana beasts attacking the students and teachers but what shook me is that some students are also fighting other humans, mostly kids from the noble houses are attacking the other races.

I hurriedly looked around and found some DC members injured near the tri-union hall. I then saw Sylvie my bond in her dragon form protecting Tessia and fighting a sickly looking Lucas Wykes. His face is pale his eyes are black and his mana is constantly being fueled by some unknown force.

Prioritizing helping my bond above all I used wind mana to fly towards them when suddenly I saw Lucas laughing.

“HAHAHAHAHAHA just because you have a dragon doesn't mean you can stop me, Flame spirit heed my calls Ember Eclipse!"

few seconds later Tessia and Sylvie got engulfed in an explosion.

With the things that happened this day my mind just went blank. All the things I've been thinking suddenly went off. All the explanation in my head on what is really happening, I can't hear them nor remember them nor that even matters.

Rage overtook my whole mind and in an instant Lucas is frozen by the ice I conjured trapping him and his whole body. Seeing this Tessia and Sylvie instinctively looked at my direction.

Sylvie tried to go my way but stopped when I signaled her to halt. Tessia on the other hand is just looking at me with an apathetic look that froze my heart.

Not knowing what to do anymore
I flew above, activating realmheart. My hair turned white, golden runes appeared throughout my body and a heavenly aura surrounded me.

Every students and those things fighting them are now looking at me eyes widened.

with all the emotions dwindling and running through my mind I was only able to say one word. A word that is being repeated to my head every second questioning every decision I made so far since I exited the dungeon. Now with realmheart, my voice being enchanted by mana I then said that one word, the final word that everyone I deemed enemy within this vicinity will hear before they disintegrate in front of my sight.

"Why?"

I said those words every being in the academy froze and all the enemy got struck by the black lightning I conjured perished.

__________
Yahallo! just a new fic writer here.
I will update in 2 days and wilk be releasing 5 chapters.

i know that there are some plot holes here but it would be explained on the next chap see ya

10-17-23