Part 7

Waking up the next morning I find my mom still fast asleep. So I decide to get ready and go get us some morning coffee with croissant. I take Milo with me and get ready. after I check that I got all my money with me and my dogs leash we walk out of our room and head down to our car.

Milo runs off to  pee while I stand near my car, waiting for him to finish. As soon as he does, I open the door for him and he jumps inside. Closing the door behind him I walk over to the drivers seat and open the door and get in myself. When I start the car I remembered Gabriel and started thinking if I should text him good morning or not. Well he does text me everyday wishing me to have a good day and good mornings with good night before I fall asleep.

I think about it for 1 more minute and eventually decide to send him a quick morning before driving down the street to get us some food. I drive up to the drive through in starbucks and order everything I needed, not forgetting about Milo of course. After we got our order we drive back to our motel.

***********************

I open the door to our room to find it very quite. It was 9 AM, so I assumed that mo is probably still asleep. She usually wakes up early but I guess she's tired after driving for so long yesterday. Taking my shoes off and walking into the bedroom I see my mom sitting on her bed and crying, holding her phone.I run up to her embracing her in a warm hug and with a worried face I ask her "Mom, what happened? Are you hurt? Did something happen?".

She doesn't answer, instead she just shows me her phone. I take her phone in my hand and sit down next to her, starting to read the texts. It was from an unknown number with different threats towards my mom. I instantly realize that it's from my father. The way he typed and what he said, no one else would say that. I let out a heavy sigh and take a couple of screen shots before closing her phone and turning to look at her.

She  had her face buried in her hands and small sobs coming from her. My heart breaks seeing her like this. "Mom' I whisper softly stroking her hair. She leans onto my shoulder, crying even harder. "Mom, please don't cry. He can't find us. We will  be okay" I tell her. But was I really sure that we are that safe? Hell no. This guy will do anything just to find us and make us suffer as he did before. But this wont happen. He wont get to us ever again.

We sit like this fr 10 minutes before she calms down and see's that I brought her coffee and a croissant. "You bought me food?" she asks while wiping her tears away. "Yeah, I lso got Milo some. How about we eat and get ready to leave? We are almost there" I say as a smile appears on my face when I see her eyes spark with excitement.

She jumps up taking her food and we start talking about different subjects. Let me tell you, it really did brighten the mood. A lot. After we finish our breakfast we both take a shower and get ready for the day.

The woman in the front desk was much more cheerful today than tomorrow. Very nice I would say... She even smiled at us and wished us a lovely trip. Strange... I guess she was just tired yesterday. Any way, we get to our cars and drive off. Milo was sitting on the passengers seat ext to me, looking out the window which was pulled all the way down. He looked so cute.

I see that I have a missed call from Gabriel so I send him a voice message telling him that I'll call him back when we get there. To which I got a voice message from him saying that he couldn't wait and to dive safe.

His morning voice though... 

Well... I thought that that he just woke up. Anyway... Back to the point.

I smile and close my phone looking back at the road I was so excited about everything. Uni, new house, new friends. I knew that we'll be much happier there than we were ever here. Don't get me wrong. I have a lot of happy memories from the town where we lived. But I also had bad ones, which I'd rather forget.