CHAPTER VII: Tipsy & Travel

╔═❖•ೋ° - °ೋ•❖═╗CHAPTER VII

╔═❖•ೋ° - °ೋ•❖═╗
CHAPTER VII.
TIPSY & TRAVELS

╚═❖•ೋ° - °ೋ•❖═╝

FIVE DAYS HAVE PASSED since Alixe was informed of her marriage with King Peter

These past days were filled with trying to convince the council to change their mind and, of course, preparations for her trip to Narnia.
Indeed, the engagement party and wedding would take place in Cair Paravel, though everyone was still unsure from where the two monarchs would rule over their countries.

Alixe took another sip from the wine bottle. Sitting on the floor in front of her bed, her packed bags for her stay in Narnia next to her, she thought about her future.
Would it hurt to be so far away from her people? But it was a good idea to marry him, right? After all, she was helping her people. And once everything was alright and everyone was happy again, she could divorce him and return to her country... right?
The queen sighed and took another sip, letting the alcohol warm up her body from within.

Slowly, she stood up. With a little wobble in her walk, she crossed the room and sat down at her desk. From a drawer, Alixe pulled out a fresh piece of parchment and laid it out in front of her. For a second or two, she stared at it, not a single coherent thought forming in her head.

"This is stupid," the woman said out loud and didn't hesitate to take another swig. She groaned, but after a moment, she reached for the quill and dunked it in ink.
Delicately, she began to tell her deepest feelings and thoughts to none other than S.

The moon lit up her room, but it wasn't bright enough for Alixe to write with no other source of light. Therefore, she soon lit a candle and continued to write her letter.
She told S about her arranged, somewhat forced marriage and how she felt unwell about leaving her home. The queen wondered if S had similar problems. Would they also not marry for love? Who knew? Who cared?
Alixe certainly didn't ─ or so she told herself.
Right now, in this moment, S was some mystery person at the end of the world who would listen to her problems and console her, who she could vent to and who would hopefully reply to her. However, so Alixe feared, she might not get the reply. After all, she was moving away for an uncertain amount of time and there certainly wasn't a way for a message in a bottle to find her. Surely.