CHAPTER I: Late Night Letters

╔═❖•ೋ° - °ೋ•❖═╗CHAPTER I

╔═❖•ೋ° - °ೋ•❖═╗
CHAPTER I.
LATE NIGHT LETTER
╚═❖•ೋ° - °ೋ•❖═╝

A LIT candle filled the room with a dim light

A LIT candle filled the room with a dim light. Ink dropped down on the parchment Queen Alixe wrote on.
She was turning eighteen in just a month and was not ready for whatever may come.

The ink was forming her depressive thoughts into letters, words and sentences. Writing was her way of dealing with all sorts of problems. It helped her calm down as she wrote down all her worries. Right after having written them down though, she burned them all. No evidence of her sorrows were allowed to be found.

The scratching of the ink on the parchment and her grumbling stomach were the only sounds in the room. Alixe had passed dinner again due to her clouded mind.
Tonight, she was putting all her worries into a letter to no one in particular.

During the past few weeks, Alixe had experienced an increase of depression symptoms and had spent most of her time locked up in her chambers.
It didn't help that the weight of the crown laid heavy on her shoulders ─ or rather: head. More and more problems occurring all over Terebinthia, such as poverty, hunger, attacks from daring slave traders from the Lone Islands and no countries that were open to trading with the isle since they had less and less to offer. Only the Terebinthian army was cherished all over the realm. Stories of the soldiers' bravery and selflessness spread across the world like a wildfire, everyone admired them, but never the country or its queen.

Alixe had tried everything to protect her people, but the situation had gotten out of hand. The population had rapidly increased after the White Witch's passing and because Terebinthia wasn't exactly a big country and no one offered them an alliance or even just help, they were slowly running out of resources.

Due to all these seemingly unsolvable conflicts, Alixe had become more and more distressed each day. She blamed herself for the suffering of her folk. Again.

While Narnia has blossomed over the past three years, Terebinthia has been dying. Alixe could never restrain herself from comparing the two completely different countries. And whenever she did, it always ended up with her feeling guilty for not being able to help her people. Multiple times, she had prayed to Aslan for just a little help but not once did anything happen. He may be a busy cat but could he not even help the one person who had saved a king of his country?
Alixe came to believe that all the stories of Aslan hearing everyone's prayers and sending them aid were wrong.