PROLOGUE II: The Battle Of Beruna

╔═❖•ೋ° - °ೋ•❖═╗ PROLOGUE II

╔═❖•ೋ° - °ೋ•❖═╗
PROLOGUE II.
THE BATTLE OF BERUNA
╚═❖•ೋ° - °ೋ•❖═╝

RUSHED WHISPERS were heard in the rows of soldiers

RUSHED WHISPERS were heard in the rows of soldiers. Some exchanged last minute “I love you”s and others stood straight with a plain but grim facial expression, silently praying to Aslan that they would survive this war. An ice cold wind howled through the battlements but no one really seemed the notice, they were all too occupied to be scared. And they had every right. The Narnians were largely outnumbered and the Witch's followers were far more ruthless and brutal when it came to killing.
The wind infested the insides of Alixe's armor and her legs shook due to the coolness. Or maybe it was fear. She prayed it was not the latter.

The Narnian army was already weak but with Aslan by their side they perhaps would still have had a chance of victory.
Though now, they had to go into battle without the Great Lion. Aslan was dead.

The queen stood proudly between her people. She was ready to kill, fight and protect, but not to lose. Never before had Alixe been in a battle, but at least she wasn't the only one.
The soon-to-be Kings and Queens of Narnia were mostly around her age, from what she could make out after seeing the two brothers. Therefore, she guessed that this was their first war as well.

In reality, the Pevensie brothers trembled as they realized that their father was stuck in a situation very similar to this.
“What do you think happens at home if we die here?” Edmund had asked Peter just before they parted ways to stand in their planned positions.
His older brother didn't reply for a few seconds, thinking about a true but not so painful answer.
“Let's not think about that now, Ed. I will make sure to bring us back home safe and without a scratch, like I promised mum.”
Peter's answer was one that Edmund had expected him to say: not an answer to his question, but a promise to himself.

Peter now sat on a unicorn in the front line, while his little brother stood with the archers in the back on the cliffs.
The two sisters were nowhere to be seen. Cowards, Alixe thought.
Immediate guilt rushed over for insulting the future queens of a land she was thaughtto respect ever since her life on court began.
Ashamed, Alixe quickly shook her disrespectful thoughts off.