CHAPTER III: A Reply

╔═❖•ೋ° - °ೋ•❖═╗ CHAPTER III

╔═❖•ೋ° - °ೋ•❖═╗
CHAPTER III.
A REPLY
╚═❖•ೋ° - °ೋ•❖═╝

NEVER IN her life had Alixe hated turning a year older

NEVER IN her life had Alixe hated turning a year older. She never saw the glum side of birthdays. Between these special days a year passed by like lightning and suddenly you were older, closer to death.
In all honesty, Alixe feared the end. There were myths and stories about the blessed realm of Aslan's Country were one would ho after serving the lion loyally. The queen disliked thinking about ever visiting His Country, seeing her parents ─ who were definitely there ─ would hurt her. Though maybe, that would be her chance for the apology she owed them.

After all the misery she had been through, Alixe had lost hope in Aslan, though. It seemed as if he were never there for her whenever she needed him. No matter how many times she tried to convince herself that he had other things to look after, she felt hopelessly alone.

A week had went by ever since that gloomy night at the beach beneath the castle and only less than three weeks until her birthday were left.

Queen Alixe had attended many meetings about her arranged marriage during this week. The only crucial detail that she left these meetings with, was that she would not celebrate her birth in sixteen days, but her marriage.
The fact that the Council hasn't even found a good enough suitor yet, but already set a date, didn't lighten the situation.

Now, Alixe was sitting on the beach again. Her legs were tucked close to her body as she sat with her head in her knees. Not far from her, a few ladies-in-waiting were enjoying themselves on a picnic blanket. Their chatters could be heard from miles away while they gossipped about the newest fashion trends, hottest lords at court and the best lipstick to use for tea gatherings.

Alixe would find it to be exceptionally unpleasant to listen to, but every so often she found herself standing in front of shops with the trendiest dresses and staring a few lords up and down. Not once did she fancy any of these things. Still, she bought the most expensive clothes and went on dates with the most handsome lords and dukes of Terebinthia. Truthfully, in the end, they all turned out to be boring or would go out of trend the next week.