PROLOGUE I: How The Story Began

╔═❖•ೋ° - °ೋ•❖═╗PROLOGUE I

╔═❖•ೋ° - °ೋ•❖═╗
PROLOGUE I.
HOW THE STORY BEGAN
╚═❖•ೋ° - °ೋ•❖═╝

THE NIGHTSKY was filled with hundreds of stars as the Queen of Terebinthia looked over her country

THE NIGHTSKY was filled with hundreds of stars as the Queen of Terebinthia looked over her country. She stood on a balcony in her nightgown, the cool breeze giving her goosebumps.
Due to the lack of light, it wasn't noticeable that moments before stepping out of her room, the queen had cried.

As she stood there on the balcony, she processed the devastating news she had received just hours ago. The woman was not able to bear a child; there would not be a heir to the throne. Troubled and without being able to form a clear thought, Queen Brienne had chosen not to tell her husband just yet.

Instead, she had prayed. Prayed to Aslan.

Even though she wasn't a Narnian, she still believed in the Great Lion. Whenever she was confused or needed guidance, she reached out for Aslan. However, he had never responded to her pleas and cries for help. Maybe I am selfish, the queen thought.

Tonight was another one of those nights were she spoke her heart out to Aslan. Her words were whispers, carried away by the wind but shd dearly hoped that he had heard her.

“Good night, Aslan. I am sorry for bothering you with my troubled thoughts once again.” She sighed.
“This time, I am worrying about disappointing my husband. I have talked to a doctor today and I got told that I cannot bear a chil. I cannot give this kingdom a heir. What shall I do, your Grace?”
Stiffled sobs filled the silent night.

Nothing happened. Once again, Brienne had not gotten an answer from the Aslan. She decided to return back into the bedroom, but left the balcony doors open for the breeze to cool down the hot temperature in the bedroom.

If she had stayed only minutes longer, she would've seen the face of the Great Lion in the nightsky, smiling.

ೋ❀══ • ══❀ೋ