CHAPTER II: Message In A Bottle

╔═❖•ೋ° - °ೋ•❖═╗CHAPTER II

╔═❖•ೋ° - °ೋ•❖═╗
CHAPTER II.
MESSAGE IN
A BOTTLE
╚═❖•ೋ° - °ೋ•❖═╝

THE LETTER traveled a day and a night in the old wine bottle

THE LETTER traveled a day and a night in the old wine bottle. The sea was rough and the waves ruthless, but not once did water pour into the bottle in hopes of drowning and destroying the letter inside of it. The mermaids and naiads and other sea creatures paid little attention to the bottle, but when they did, they always wondered what mysterious message could be written on the parchment inside it.
Being honorable creatures though, they not once dared to stand in the way of the bottle and reveal its secret.

To be honest, Alixe had regretted throwing the bottle into the sea as soon as she had seen it float away on the horizon. Maybe it had been a mistake, venting in form of a letter and send it to nowhere and no one in particular, just so that person would read about her troubles. That poor soul would read about all of her thoughts on perhaps a wonderful summer day. Immediately their good mood would be destroyed and Alixe would be guilty for another sad soul because of this stupid letter! What had she been thinking?

She was a queen, no weakling and she had just shown her weakness in a single piece of parchment. It made her more vulnerable and it feared her that someone other than her knew of her true sorrows. Alixe feared losing the strength that so many people had admired her for. But maybe she already has.

At least ─ and this soothed her overwhelming thoughts ─ she had not signed the message with her true name.
Just A. She had signed it with just an A.

Later that night she had cried herself to sleep.

ೋ❀══ • ══❀ೋ

THE SUN shone high above the Great Estern Sea of Narnia as the four monarch siblings tolled around on the sandy beach beneath the Cair. It was High King Peter's nineteenth birthday and the Pevensies wanted to spend the day far from royal duties and close to fun and relaxation.