Fearless

~{Chapter 53}~*This chapter is about when Nia got seriously injured and had to have surgery right away... she is now resting after that. I hope you like it, Enjoy!*

*At the DEO, in the Med Bay*
*At Night*
*9:00 p.m.*
Nia is still passed out from her surgery after getting patched up from a bullet wound. Brainy held her hand dearly until she wakes as he says. "Hey," Brainy whispered softly to Nia with a smile. And that the surgery was a success! Also, glad that she was okay... "Hi, so did we catch the bad guy?" She asked softly looking at Brainy. "Yeah we did," he answered softly looking at Nia. She smiled brightly at him which caused him to smile to as he said. "I can't believe what you did, Nia. I mean you taking a bullet for me💚and protecting us that whole time with your powers🌀✨... it just made me love❤️you more than I could ever possibly imagine. You are immensely brave! You fought through the pain of the bullet still laced into your skin as I've never seen anyone do before. Brave than I am," Brainy said lovely💗in a sweet voice while amazed by Dreamer's bravery today. "Of course, I did. And I couldn't let you die. I love❤️you too much for that. Querl Dox, we're partners, and we protect each other." Nia said in a soft voice telling Brainy why she did it. She did it for "Love" just as he would do for her... besides what's worth dying for... if not love? Brainy nodded as he had happy🥹tears in his eyes and then wiped them away to say💬. "I love you. Nia," Brainy said lovely to his girlfriend as he walked up to her slowly then leaned in closer and kissed Nia on her lips to express his feelings/emotions of how much he loves and cares about her with all his heart💚. But while in the moment, kissing her passionately his hand accidentally touched Nia's chest where her stitches were. She inhaled sharply as Brainy broke the kiss realizing what he had done and immediately started apologizing as he said. "I'm so terribly sorry," Brainy said softly being apologetic for his actions when he'd kissed her like that with her wounds still healing😅. Nia smiled feeling fine and told him not to worry. "It's okay, Brainy. I'm alright. Besides it didn't hurt that much." Nia said softly to her boyfriend to let him know that she was okay and had nothing to worry. As they kinda had a little laugh about it. Lol😂! Then, Brainy sat back down in his chair🪑next to her and said. "Just rest," he said softly to her still concerned about his Nia Nal if she really was okay😰. Nia nodded doing just that! They both stared into each other's eyes lovely.

*2 hours later*
You really gave us all a scare there. Nia, we thought💭that we lost you." Kara said softly worried about Nia but glad that she was alright now. "I'm fine, Kara. Really I promise," Nia said feeling okay, and told her that it was nothing to worry about same goes for Brainy too.
"You promise?" Kara asked if she really meant it. "Cross my heart and hope to..." Nia said softly to both of them as she paused closing her eyes then, she started seizing all of a sudden... which scared the hell out of Brainy and Kara. they both yelled out to Nia trying to get her attention but no response. So Kara quickly held her down to stop the seizing. And it worked! Nia stopped and stood still... Brainy sensed that she wasn't breathing as the life support machine and her heart❤️rate was off the charts📊! "She's not breathing," Brainy stated the obvious in fear😨as he knew exactly what to do in this situation and said. "Kara, Quick! get the crash cart. And the oxygen mask," he said urgently asking her to get the medical care items that they need to save Nia's life. Before it's too late! "Nia, please, stay with me. Breathe! You need to live... this is not how you're supposed to die! not like this," Brainy said dearly to his Nia Nal while giving her CPR at the same time. "What's happening to her?" Kara asked dearly in a soft voice with a worried look. "She may have thrown a blood clot, I don't know for sure..." Brainy stated the facts unsure for once😅. then luckily, Alex and Lena walked into the room wanting to help. He sighed with relief and said. "Okay, good. You two are here... I need the defibrillator Now!" Brainy asked for their help right away. Lena quickly handed it to him and stood by the machine ready to operate for the charge when needed. "Charge the paddle now, Lena!" He ordered her to do it quickly. as Lena nodded in doing just that! She tapped on the screen of the machine to release 5 volts of electricity into the paddles as Brainy rubbed the paddles together as he said. "Clear!" Brainy said out loud placed the paddles on Nia's chest to create a strong enough and safe electrical⚡️energy✨in her heart💙to jump-start it and bring her back! But nothing worked! The second time didn't work either as the team and Brainy were starting to lose hope but he couldn't possibly do that... not yet. Not ever! "Third time's the charm. Come back to me,
Nia Nal, I love❤️you... I can't stand to lose you." Brainy said softly hoping that this'll work or the love❤️of his life will lost to him forever! And her future will never happen and come to an end before it even starts... But Nia heard him say that in her mind as she finally breathed in some air. Her vitals and her heart rate are both back to normal. Most importantly, she was alive!

They all calmed down and were out of breath. "She's alive, Thank God!" Brainy said with happy🥹tears in his eyes and a relieved smile on his face. "What do you think happened to her?" Kara asked softly out of curiosity. "I am not 100% sure. Kara, but I'm just glad Nia is okay and is breathing again," he said happy that Nia, his girlfriend is gonna be okay now...

Their voices echoed in Nia's head as she heard them inside her dream✨seeing memories and flashes of her life... past, present, and the future! This is what "the Dreamer" sees in her dream before she dies and has to remain in the dream realm for all of eternity. Luckily, she managed to cheat death today and live her life on earth🌎as Dreamer🌀and gets to choose/decide what she wants her future to look like. Nia was in a meadow field of flowers💐🌾🌿and then saw a tunnel🚇reappear right in front of her as she immediately walked inside and began running quickly towards a blue🩵bright🌌light and a glimpse✨of Brainy and her friends... Then, she gasped awake in the Med Bay still at the DEO as Nia looked around the room to see her boyfriend, Brainy by her side. "Brainy, I almost died, and you saved my life! All of you did. Thank you so much! I was in the dream🌀realm having my last dream vision before I was going to die... as I saw my whole life flashing before my eyes. Literally! Seeing my past, present, and future. Almost to the end, I saw this blue light and a glimpse of you guys leading me to wake up here." Nia explained what happened in her near-death vision inside the dream🌀✨world🌐while thanking her superfamily her saving her...

*The Next Day*
Brainy and Nia spent the day together and he took care of her until she recovered from her injured flesh wound it turned out to be
"The Best Days Ever" 🤩😉

*Sorry, short chapter😅. But I hoped enjoy it! Until next time...*