I've Always Fought Alone

Start from the beginning

Grabbing a mirror she looked to see the cursed eyes of the Uchiha staring back at her. She knew of the blindness that came if one didn't practice restraint, "I knew something was different in my fight."

"I unlocked mine to." Sasuke said as a tear fell down his cheek. Mito clenched her fists, "What happened?"

"A masked man attacked the village while you were battling the Akatsuki. He carried a Mangekyo Sharingan as well. We don't know anything about him except his is powerful and extremely intelligent."

Looking at her boyfriend she felt fear grip her, "Itachi?" Sasuke's tears began silently pouring out, "Yes. My mother is with him now. His illness slowed him down to much."

Grabbing her hand and squeezing, "Also Shisui didn't make it Mito." A small gas escaped her. As eh barreled into Sasuke's arms, "Nononono." Breaking down into a sob. For several minutes they didn't move as Sasuke let Mito relax, "My team?"

"I don't know the details but Kakashi is in surgery now. Shikamaru is sleeping due to his chakra exhaustion. Naruto is fine but is blaming himself for both you're battle and the attack on the village."

"He was right to attack though. The man I fought Hidan wasn't that strong but his skill with his Sythe and abilities were incredible. Almost immortal." Sasuke nodded, "Not to mention if you had been here they may have taken Naruto to. He isn't quite strong enough yet."

Hearing Sasuke say that made the reality of the situation set in. Sasuke only acknowledged a few when it came to power. Naruto being his biggest rival in strength. If he said he wasn't ready then they were in trouble.

"We should go see Naruto then." Sasuke smiled at his girlfriend, "Okay." Taking her hand they headed out to her teammate.

Seeing the blind so disheveled hurt. He was always so confident and strong, "He Fix boy!" She gave a small smirk causing him to chuckle, "I'm glad you're okay Mito." He stood up and hugged the girl.

"Listen jerk!" Grabbing Naruto's ear causing him to yell, "You are a not going to blame yourself! We killed two Shinobi that could have been a massive problem for the Leaf. So buck up you idiot!"

"Ah okay okay!" He yelled. His mom laughing behind him and his dad just watching with a smile on his face, "Good. Now just relax. Tsunade is going to save sensei and your precious boy toy will be awake soon."

"Thanks Mito." A fond smile fell into place. His teammates always knew how to make him feel better.

For what felt like hours they waited. Finally Shikamaru joined them. Walking out to see them he was quickly engulfed in a back breaking hug by his boyfriend. Shikamaru killed the slightly taller boy, "Hey it will be okay." Naruto smiled and nodded. His boyfriend was right. Sensei was strong.

Kakashi
Staring at his father's smiling face he froze. This couldn't be real, could it? Images of his father bleeding on the floor appeared in his mind. Anger, frustration, and sadness all gripped him.

"You left me." Sakumo frowned but didn't interject, "Left me behind so I could watch my best friends and sensei die. I fought by myself for the village!"

"I'm sorry Kashi. I never meant to hurt you. I thought at the time my death would give you a fresh start and help you gain you own reputation."

"Reputation and honor. I didn't need that. I needed my father." Tears fell from his visible eye. Finally he sat down next to the fire, "It took me so long to understand why you did it."

Sakumo looked at his boy confused, "You saved your team despite the mission." Looking into the sky, "I learned from you that people who break the rules are scum of the earth."