Missions and Preparation for the Wave

Opening the door to the Hokage's office. Kakashi, Kenshi, and Sara were all waiting for him already. "Hello Naruto come on in."

Smiling the blond walked up next to his parents, "Hey Jiji. I assume this is about last night." The old man breathed in the smoke from his pipe before nodding. "Yes Naruto. You fought a Chunin and won."

Hearing a sigh from the copy ninja, "Naruto, tell us what happened from your perspective. How did you find Iruka and Mitzuki?" Both Kenshi and Sara were looking at their boy curiously.

"Well it started when I went to go play shogi with Shika." Naruto told them about the games, how he had wanted to take the long way home. Then he heard Iruka yell at Mitzuki. How he followed them until the clearing where Naruto took the man down.

"It would be hard to fight him up close so I switched out with a clone. Dad taught me to always keep a scroll with my yumi and quiver stashed." Hiruzen was impressed. He hadn't expected Naruto to be trained enough to take on someone who should be so much stronger.

"I probably could have overwhelmed him with clones but that would be way to much of a hassle and a waste of pressious energy." Both Kenshi and Kakashi chuckled at Naruto's relaxed attitude. Kakashi gave him an eye smile, "I think Shikamaru is rubbing off on you."

Naruto felt his face flush, "I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT JERK!" Glaring at the white haired ninja.

Shaking his head Kenshi put his hand on Naruto's shoulder, "Naruto, I'm proud of you for saving your friend and protecting the village. Just be careful. You are still learning, I don't want you to over-estimate your abilities."

Smiling at his dad he nodded, "I'll be more careful dad." Kenshi nodded and looked back at the Hokage.

"I will be awarding you B-ranked pay for stopping Mitzuki. You did great Naruto." Hiruzen looked at the blond and smiled. Him being dropped off in that forest was the best thing to happen to him. His parents have trained him well.

"Thanks Jiji!" The door opened, Shikamaru and Mito walked in to the Hokage's office. "Troublesome blond, I assume it's because of you we were told to meet here?"

Naruto wrapped his arm around Shikamru's shoulder and grinned, "Yup! I'm just that good!"

"You two are to much. So do we have a mission now!" Mito pushed her way in between the two boys. Kakashi sighed and looked over at his team. "Yes, come on let's go."

Team 7 left, Kenshi and Sara both turned to face the Hokage. "Odas, your boy did a service but he also made himself a target. Orochimaru was the man's employer. If he realized who his father is Naruto may be in extra danger."

"Please, that snake won't try to get our boy while he is in the village." Sara crossed her arms defiantly. Kenshi grabbed her hand calming her down.

Looking from his wife back to the old warrior, "If he does go for Naruto. Sara and I are not powerful enough to stop him." Kenshi has seen the Sannin in battle before. Orochimaru is the toughest to fight do to his sheer knowledge in combat.

Hiruzen took a huff of his pipe, "You are correct in that. My student is tanacuous and deadly." Thinking back on his traitorous student. " I'll send for my other students. See if maybe they will return to help prepare the boy."

Thinking on who his students were, Kenshi knew that a Sanin would be able to help Naruto up his skills. "That would be a great help Lord Hokage."

Team 7 spent the next few weeks performing D-ranked missions. Naruto constantly training his reflexes with his bow, Shikamru is trying to increase he effectiveness with his shadow possession, and Mito practicing her shiruken style and fire ball jutsu. Kakashi was pretty happy with his teams skills. They would all become strong ninja.