Celebrating Victory

Arriving back to the Sand village Team 7 was greeted by the entire village. Cheering and screaming for the savior's of their precious Kage. Many of the Shinobi had tears of joy. Gaara had sacrificed himself for the village. That earned him a love and respect that no other Kage from Suna had.

Naruto and Sakura started waving and smiling as they entered. Mito just grinned awhile Shikamaru looked bored. Grabbing a hold of Naruto's hand as they walked through to help himself not get overwhelmed with the attention.

"Come on Shika!" Looking up he saw the blonde's beautiful smile that always seemed to make his chest feel warm.

Getting back to the Kage tower saw the three Sand siblings standing outside. Gaara smiled seeing the Leaf Ninja, "You saved me and our Tailed Beasts from the Akatsuki. Killed the two members that had attacked my village and saved my brother's life. I don't know how I or the Sand will re-pay you."

"We are friends Gaara." Naruto's comforting smile shinning out to all of the citizens and Shinob. "Come we will celebrate." Kankuro said

Being escorted into the Kazekage building Naruto felt happy. They saved his friend and fellow Jinchuriki and managed to kill not one but two of the Akatsuki. Shikamaru leaned in to him, "Soon they will be gone and we won't have to worry about them coming after you. Maybe we will have to celebrate before we go home."

Naruto felt his cheeks warm before smiling at his lovely boyfriend. Everyone settled in to eat. Naruto sat next to Shikamaru as they dug into the their food. Temari sat with Mito and Sakura.

Kankuro and Gaara talked on the other end of the table trying to come up with a way to re-pay the Leaf, "We owe them so much. Naruto let you live after the Chunin exams, he helps us repel Iwa forces and then he leads the team of Jonin to save us."

Gaara looked at the blond kissed his boyfriend's cheek, "I agree. They have done more than any foreign village should."

Temari looked at the two girls, "To bad Shikamaru is taken by a over powered ninja. He's pretty cute."

"Of course you'd think so Sakura chuckled. Looking at Mito she grinned, "How about you and Sasuke?"

Blushing the Uchiha looked away, "Um he and I are good." Sakura started laughing, "Please you two are so obliviously in love."

"We haven't made it official. He spends most his time trying to prepare to replace Itachi." Mito looked sad but happy at the same time.

"What about you and Lee?" Sakura grinned softly, "He is amazing. We were going to have our first date when I got asked by Tsunade sensei to come here."

"How and you Temari?" She smiled and shrugged, "Nobody of value yet. I may stay single forever."

"Please, you're strong and pretty. It won't be long." Temari grinned, "There is a civilian boy here that I want to get to know but he is so normal I'm afraid I'd scare him away."

"No way. He will love you!" Temari smiled at her new friends, "I'll talk to him tomorrow."

Shikamaru leaned back into his chair. His boyfriend saw the look of concentration, "What's wrong Shika?"

"What else did you do while you were out of the village?" Looking around he saw everyone was looking at him with curious eyes. Shrugging he put his fork down and leaned into the table.

"I spent most my time trying and completing missions. I met a few other Jinchuriki as well. Most didn't trust me though."

"What other Jinchuriki did you meet?" Gaara asked with a look of hope. Naruto felt that same way when he had met them, "The Five Tails and it's holder Han. Super strong, Roshi who is the Jinchuriki of the Four Tails, and then I met Yugito Nii and she is the holder of the Two-Tails."