chapter 8: household rules

Mulai dari awal

She was so adorable when she was mad.

Leo then drops her to her feet and she then fixes her messed up hair. She then asks "What do you all want?" she asks in an annoyed tone. This time it's Xavier to point out "What the fuck happened to your body?"

Natasha's pov:

"What the fuck happened to your body?" Xavier asks me. I didn't know what he was talking about until I looked down and took a good look at my body. There were bruises everywhere. I knew this earlier but they seem to have gotten worse. I try to come up with the quickest answer which was "I tripped in uh.. football." I was usually a good liar but this question took me by surprise.

"I've already read your file, you didn't do football." spoke Vincent quickly.

I was stunned. Now I was caught out and all eyes were on me. I was taking steps backwards until I stumbled on someone's hard body. I fall into their arms and then they say "Watch where you're going whore."

I automatically knew it was Xander. Who else could it be?

I turn around and my presumptions are correct. I truly think that he is the devil in disguise. I go on my tippy-toes and lean in to whisper something in his ear "Call me that again and you'll have another bruise, but this time in your face." His face then goes pale and he walks over towards the breakfast bar. I give him a 'don't mess with me look' while he walks over there.

I'm 99% sure the others could sense the tension between us in the room.

Vincent then gestures me to answer his question before. I didn't want to talk to any of them so I just make my way to my room. I could hear them all shouting my name to come back, well all apart from Xander. I hope that lad learned his lesson one way or another. I could even hear them scolding Xander, but he ignored them too.

I really wasn't in the mood to talk to these strangers so I began to finish some boring filing work.

I was anticipating Flynn's arrival and that all I could think about was meeting him. I spent a good hour or so, completing some over-due paper work. Work was boring as usual but it felt good knowing that I had completed all the unfinished work. I was almost finished signing a few documents for a shipment when someone knocked on my door.

I wonder who it is? I didn't even want to talk to them anyways.

I begin to fix my terrible posture and close my old laptop. I hide away my physical documents under my bed and yell a "come in!" The door knob twists and in comes Vincent. Why was he here? What did he want? He proceeds to walk towards me but halts when I say "Stop there." sternly. He looks at me confused at first and then dismisses it shortly after. He then demands me to follow him to which I do hesitantly. I hate when people order for me to do things when I have little to zero respect for them.

Personally, respect is earned not demanded. He didn't have any yet.

I reluctantly continue to follow him up to his study. He opens the door and I follow after him. It was beautiful. The walls were a dark grey with white panelling. It had gold accents along the rims and furniture. There were two huge bookshelves with old, brown, dusty-looking books filled within at the back. In the middle there was a sturdy, dark wooden desk. There was a laptop hooked up to multiple monitors on the desk. Alongside the desk is a thick leather chair.

It was gorgeous, I was in awe.

It had renaissance themed carvings in the edges with gold. The furniture matched this theme. It was black leather with gold accents. He makes his way to the main chair behind the desk and he gestures me to sit down in one of the chairs opposite him.