Her eyelids fluttered. "Mama?"

"Oh God, I'm sorry, I shouldn't have left you like that." Rae apologized with tears in her eyes. She shouldn't have done that. She shouldn't put her needs above everything else. She's a mother for God's sake. She should be protecting her child. "Are you hurt somewhere? I'm sorry, I'm so sorry, Haruka." Her hands anxiously dusted her daughter's clothes and she was even relieved when Bella woke up not long after that with no injuries. But, Rae was indeed confused about Haruka and Bella being tied up there, instead of transformed into youkai like the others.

Haruka held her mother's hand to stand up. "The one who has the ability to change them to youkai mentioned about us being spared and none of them shall hurt us. I don't know why but it seems this Selene woman knows you, mama." Bella nodded in agreement and Rae scrunched her forehead with a sigh. She sure had met Selene before but she can't say she exactly knew her. "But mama, don't worry too much about others. Wendy can help them! I know it! She can use her healing abilities to convert them back."

"Right, Wendy should be able to save them."

Rae smiled. "Okay, I trust them too. Let's get out of here and find them."

Haruka nodded enthusiastically but later, her smile dropped. She tugged Rae's hand softly and the mother turned around to look at her with a gentle face, small hums escaped her lips. "Mama, can you promise me, you won't ever leave us like that again?" Rae bit her lip and she continued. "I-I'm afraid, mama, you've always liked to play hide and seek with us. But now, I don't really like that game anymore. What if I can't seek you anymore? What if you hide yourself far enough for me to chase after you?"

Bella hardened her eyes. "Yes, Rae. Haruka was right. You don't have to bear all those worries alone. We are here for you."

Rae didn't know what to say.

"Mama, I don't know why can't you share your problems with us but at the very least, please don't run away on your own. If it's needed then, let's run away together. I don't need to stay with you. If being with Fairy Tail-hurts you, then let's leave." Haruka had a firm smile on her face. She looked very determined. "It's gonna be hard but I will do anything for you, mama! We'll be with you anywhere you want. I'm sure I will be sad for a couple of days-weeks but I will be okay without them. I just don't want to be separated from you. You are my lifeline, mama-if leaving Fairy Tail is the best choice-"

"Haruka-no." Rae rubbed her face frustratedly and held her hands tightly. "You've mistaken. I-I don't want to leave Fairy Tail and I don't want to take that from you. They're your family, God, heaven forbids me from doing that. I never once dreamed of leaving Fairy Tail." Did she really? Rae sighed. "Listen, what happened to me, has nothing to do with Fairy Tail. It's all on me and I don't wish to talk about this anymore. So, Haruka, don't do that far for me. Live your life freely, don't be shackled by me. I am your mother. I want the best for you."

Bella had her eyelids dropped in sadness. "But, Rae, why are you talking as if Fairy Tail isn't your family too?"

"Mama, aren't they your family?"

Rae smiled. "Of course, they are." Of course, they were, right?

Haruka rubbed her cheek of Rae's palm affectionately. "But promise us, okay? You won't run away again?"

"I promise, Haruka, Bella." Rae said the words and kissed both of them on the foreheads. "Now, come on, we need to go and find them." Standing up on her feet feeling better than before, Rae held her out to Haruka and Bella giggled cutely as she flew for a sit on top of her head. Together, the two of them walked together, hand-in-hand while Rae starting to explain her relationship with Gray and Jellal. She had to explain herself. It was her responsibility. The mother and daughter chatted happily as if they weren't in an enemy's lair.