28

ⓣⓐⓛⓚⓘⓝⓖ ⓑⓞⓓⓘⓔⓢ

ⓣⓐⓛⓚⓘⓝⓖ ⓑⓞⓓⓘⓔⓢ

After that talk with Jellal, Rae found herself staring at an empty wall even when everyone was partying to celebrate their reunion in the foreign country. Everyone was lively as usual, had they always been like this? She wasn't sure but she had a feeling that if they were at home then it would be a whole lot merrier. Of course, there's Cana inviting her to get drunk but Rae didn't particularly adore having a hangover tomorrow morning as she constantly had headaches now. Must be a side effect of her regaining some of her memories.

Would their relationship work if they include Gray? She didn't want to be unfair to one of them, she still didn't think she deserved it. Right now, she may be slowly accepting the fact that she was Rae King but that didn't mean she was comfortable enough to live freely. She still had to think about her curse and why would Gray die if she chose him. All of these thoughts were making her feel useless even more. Rae let out a sigh and grabbed the nearest booze on the table, it just had to be the strongest one. "Weird how I don't feel anything." Ah, it must be because of her high body tolerance.

"Oh, Rae!"

She turned her head to Natsu. "Yeah?" He's having braids on his pink hair, Haruka must have done that.

He grinned childishly. "I met Zeref-nii before! Larcade, August and Master Mavis were there too!" Instantly, the whole bar had turned silent and Rae blinked her eyes a few times until she felt wet substances on her cheeks. She was crying merely over the names and Rae immediately stood up, knocking off the chair she sat on earlier. Her head can't process his words and her mind was trying to remember where did she hear the names before. "They are very healthy and happy! The kids called me uncle! They are such good kids!"

"Natsu, I don't think—"

Rae looked at the rings she had as a necklace around her neck. "Larcade? August?"

"Zeref-nii told me to say this to you, 'Blaire, whatever's concerning your heart, know that we'll always be with you.'"

She could feel her legs weakening, the numb sensation kicked in and she almost lost her stability on feet if it wasn't because of Mirajane standing close to her. She listened to him talking about meeting her family in the Heaven and Rae swallowed her saliva forcefully, telling everyone she was alright. "I—I need to be alone for a while. Thank you for telling me, Natsu." She was grateful indeed. Rae excused herself with a smile and quickly made her way to the exit, going to somewhere with no people. With that, she dropped to her knees.

"Zeref—my husband, my children." Rae cried on her palms. She knew who they were. Gray had once told her about her past life as Blaire Heartfilia, how she ended up married to Zeref, the Emperor of Spriggan at that time and she had two boys, Larcade and August, but in the end, their love story ended up with a tragedy. Her life was taken by her own magic power and she was later revived by Zeref as Unknown. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry." Although she can't remember much about them, but deeply she knew, they were important to her.