06

ⓟⓐⓘⓝ ⓐⓝⓓ ⓜⓘⓢⓔⓡⓨ

ⓟⓐⓘⓝ ⓐⓝⓓ ⓜⓘⓢⓔⓡⓨ

"Earlier, you-called me Rae. Is that my name? You know me?" The frail girl braved herself to ask the unfamiliar people while holding a warm milk in her hands, their faces, she couldn't pinpoint it but something in her heart said she had seen them before but she couldn't really tell where and when since she had been trapped in that abyss for a while now. Their eyes were gentle, almost making her give in but she knew better not to trust strangers easily. Sure they saved her, but it's better to be on guard since she was powerless.

A long braided hair woman nodded. "Yes, your name is Rae King-" She looked at others who were kinda down to know she didn't have any memory about them. After all, Rae King was someone who changed them and saved them before. She was their light to grow closer as a family in the guild. Minerva figured it's better to not tell her everything at the moment, it might worsen her health. They could do that slowly and from her perceptive, Rae hadn't trusted them fully yet and Rae was wounded more than just physically.

Rae slowly processed what she just said. "Rae King-I'm Rae King." She then remembered the face of petite pink haired girl. She could remember her face clearly, that little girl was crying when she saw her. And the pain inside her eyes was undeniably overwhelming. She wondered if they had any clue about the girl. "A pink haired little girl-I think her name is Haruka? Do you somehow know her?" It's like she just dropped a bomb on them once she spoke the name, making her feel bad. Did she make a mistake?

"Did I do-something wrong?" Rae instantly shuffled on the bed and backed away, afraid if they were going to scold her. Yukino quickly shook her head to stop her from apologizing, just what had happened to her that made her became like this? Her voice told Rae that she didn't need to worry and afraid of them. They were once friends and Rae softened her face, the frown on her forehead faded and Sting couldn't handle this. The Dragon Slayer paced back and forth, clenching his teeth, if he ever found the one who made her like this, he swore they would never see the light again.

Rogue strictly told him to stay put as he was scaring her. "Rae-san, Haruka-how should I say this-she's your daughter."

I have a daughter? She curled into a ball and closed her eyes for a moment once she rested her forehead on the back of her hand. Soreno noted the movement and roughly shoved the boys to chase them out of the room. Rae might need times to be alone for a moment and Yukino told her that if she needed anything, she just had to call them. Rae nodded, catching the concern on Sting's face. "Sting-kun-thank you." His eyes blinked at the name, his nose scrunching a little but he had a soft smile on his face. "Thank you for-everything, all of you."

"Anytime, Rae-chan."

The girls waved her goodbyes and she found herself sitting in the quite spacious room alone. Her head leaned back against the headboard behind and her hand was raised up to her dull silver eyes. The black insignia on the back of her hand stared back at her, she had seen this mark on them as well. Did that mean they were her family? I have a home? Were they coming for me? Her head began to hurt whenever she tried to think more about it. It's like there was something blocking her memories. Earlier, she witnessed them using some kind of magic to fight the fire creature, did sorcery exist in this world?