CHAPTER 8: ENMITY [FALL-OUT]

CHAPTER 8: ENMITY

Disclaimer: I don't own any of the Spectacular Spider-Man Characters or Marvel Characters included in this fanfic, I do this for fun :)

THE VAULT - RYKERS ISLAND

An hour after she and Rand Robertson vented to each other, Liz Allan went to visit her one and only brother, Mark. She's been there, either by herself, or with her parents, every four weeks. Some of the prison guards consider her a regular. As much as Liz gotten used to seeing her brother in that dreaded orange jumpsuit, it still stung. But she put that in the back-burner, so she could appreciate every valuable second she had with Markito. They spent most of their hour catching up with each other, especially about how Mark was fitting in with the crowd, or about their parents, and how crazy they could get sometimes. Also, she told him about her plans for college, and her struggle to get her driver's license—it's Manhattan—she's going to be relying more on the train.

Then Liz gushed her eyes out, as they reflected on her best friend since pre-school, as her brother comforted her through the glass. All of that madness happened in front of her, and she doesn't know what to do with it. All that trauma, the utter shock she felt, reliving the moment, over and over, kept her up at night. She didn't know how to put that into words, but her brother understood. It's scary how much he understood.

Later she mentioned how great it felt to get that all off her chest, since her boyfriend, Peter, was too preoccupied to listen. The moment Mark heard Peter was still her boyfriend, his eyes fired up.

He unloaded, "Lizzy, c'mon this relationship with Peter ain't going to last! It's a bad bet. Why do you keep on trying if it's not going nowhere?!"

She fired back, "Cuz it doesn't hurt to try... like how you tried with Mary Jane."

"MJ and I were different—but fine. He's still no good for you Lizzy."

"How do you know that, huh? Petey is good for me!"

"You sure? You remember all those times you'd wait up in bed, waiting for his call that never came? Or that time he left you on Valentine's day–"

"That was back then, okay? He cares about me deep down, Mark. I can tell he wants to be there for me. He's just busy with alot of things"

"Busy with what?"

"Y'know... his job at the Bugle"

"He's a photographer... he can definitely make the time."

Liz looked at him in disbelief. She knew her brother cared about her, but she wishfully knew her Petey loved her...

Mark took a deep breath and placed his hand on the glass. Liz followed, placing her right hand right on the glass next to his.

"Listen to me Lizzy, you're young and you have so much time on your hands, so don't waste your youth on someone who can't give you their all. Find someone else. Trust me, there's so many other people out there, who'd be a better fit"

Liz took a minute to soak in what Mark said.

'Maybe he's right. Petey's not gonna stop being Spider-Man ‌soon, which is still admirable. But I can't keep being alone, to where I have to vent to Rand. Although I should've told him when I had the chance but he's gone all the time and-'

"Hey Liz, you still there?" Mark snapped her attention back.

"Oh yeah, I zoned out, didn't I?"
"You do that a lot," he chuckled. "Welp, our hour is running out, I guess," he noticed.

"Yeah," she sighed. "Please stay safe. Don't let these guys scare you," she added.

Before she put the phone back, Mark snarky pointed out, "Please... I've been around worse people."