CHAPTER 4: DEPENDENT VARIABLE (NO-MORE)

CHAPTER 4: Dependent Variable

Disclaimer: I don't own any of the Spectacular Characters or Marvel Characters.

DISCOVERY - ALLAN RESIDENCE

Few things in life genuinely left Peter breathless. Swinging through the beautiful New York City sights was one that came to mind constantly...

Another one was waking up, in his ex-girlfriend's bedroom... miraculously ALIVE! He instantly checked himself, to make sure, he wasn't dreaming, which he wasn't. But he wasn't in his bed either, laying on soft carpet.

His eyes popped out of its socket.

His hands frantically touched his face and realize his mask was stripped off him.

Peter immediately sprung off the soft carpet, feeling a sharp pain from his calf, doing so. He ripped the blanket off him to reveal white patches all over his body.

'Huh?' His hand felt around his legs and the back of his calf and felt the cloth bandages that wrapped around his bloody gunshot wound.

Suddenly, the door swung open.

"Hey-hey P-Petey... you need to lay down and rest," Liz calmly acknowledged.

She caught him and slowly lowered him down to the soft carpet. Peter glanced up at her, in such a panic.

'OH SHOOT! OH SHOOT! OH SHOOT!'

"HOW'D THE- WHAT THE- W-WHERE'S MY SUIT?!" He loudly panicked.

His eyes quickly darted around her room.

"Relax Petey, it's in your backpack... shredded to pieces," Liz reassured him, before tossing his backpack over to his side. "Petey... breathe, I told my mom I'm sick... so I could stay home..." she added, as her hand rested on his shoulders.

Peter was confused, Liz wasn't angry. Like she had the chance to kill him, right there and then... with no witnesses, yet she didn't. Probably she was tired, especially since she looked exhausted, with no makeup in sight. Just a long, oversized green T-shirt, and short-shorts really hiding under the shirt.

"L-Liz... You patched me up?" He observed as his eyes stared at his stitched-up cuts.

"Yeah ... here, you may want to ice that bruise on your cheek," she handed him a fresh ice pack.

"T- thanks... " he quietly spurted out. "When'd you learn to stitch?" he added.

"Well, Mark would get into fights at night cause he couldn't pay off his debts. Sometimes he has to deal with guns or knives... and guess who had to patch him up... especially before my parents came home from work. So this isn't my first rodeo," she softly explained.

Liz's mother suddenly called for her, "ELIZABETH! I made chicken noodle soup. I heard it helps with clearing sinuses!"

"Coming Mama! You stay here, Petey," she ordered.

Once she left her room, Peter slowly laid back, still holding the ice pack to his bruises.

'How did I get myself into this?!'

FISK TOWER

James Wesley stepped toward the Kingpin, with news he may not like.

"Patrol Units have searched everywhere, but there was no corpse or no signs of his tracks" Wesley reported.

"That's fine, Wesley," Wilson quickly dismissed, which left him surprised.

"Also, the Press would like to speak to you about your Mayoral campaign. Especially the reporter from the Bugle, Ned Lee," his assistant added.