CHAPTER 6: EUPHORIA (NO-MORE)

CHAPTER 6: Euphoria

Disclaimer: I don't own any of the Spectacular Characters or Marvel Characters.

HIGHS

'Tell me something better than free time. Go ahead, try!'

Since Peter threw away that Spider-Man suit, a couple of days ago, life has been euphoric... to Peter's standards.

His grades have risen to expected heights, especially after he finished all of his missing assignments, and that English project he had with Gwen and Mary Jane. His relationships at school have gotten better, even with his ex, Liz Allan.

Although keep in mind, it still isn't perfect, but he's riding the highs of life. The key thing that hasn't gone well for Peter, was his relationship with Aunt May. Was she giving him the silent treatment or ignoring him? It's hard to tell. He kept sneaking out without an honest explanation. That's really suspicious for anyone. Neither way, it felt like he hadn't spoken to her in months, even though it's only been a few days.

All she would do was put his breakfast, lunch, and dinner on the dining table. And one day, she left nothing for him to eat, because she slept in her room, so he relied upon Harry's leftovers for his meal, which would be a salad he didn't want.

But Peter finally may have time for himself. It may sound selfish, but it felt nice. Of course, what he'd do with that time was study, cause that's who he was. And once he finished studying, he'd do research on the latest scientific innovations. Some of them were fascinating, especially the stuff coming out of the Baxter Building. However recently, he found out that down in Malibu, California, Stark Industries was experimenting with arc reactor technology, to create efficient energy for the world. Although Peter wasn't the biggest fan of the weapons-dealing company, he believed arc reactor tech could be the innovation of the future.

'What a geek!'

Obviously, he's taking advantage of it, enjoying every second of his extra time. Especially since he had a lighter load on his shoulders, with no job at the Bugle... man, J. Jonah Jameson really conflicted right about now. He wasn't happy with what Parker sent in. Instead of Spider-Man photos, Peter sent in pictures of Seagulls by Coney Island. And since he had so much spare time till his 7 pm curfew, he hung out with his friends; Liz, Harry, Gwen, and Mary Jane Watson, after school.

He had so much time to himself that he believed he could go to this year's Homecoming if his Aunt would start talking to him. In the ideal situation, if he'd ever want to get a date for Homecoming, it would be his gorgeous friend, Gwen Stacy. But Harry already was taking her to the dance. Then there's the gorgeous red-headed Mary Jane Watson. Boy, she was a beauty, and Peter and her had quite the connection. But he knew she didn't want to be with anyone, being a free agent... although she's heard conflicting reports, that said she's going with Hobie Brown.

But there were many other lovely ladies to take to the Homecoming Dance. Yet the one young lady that stuck out was the beautiful Liz Allan. That's Peter's first and only ex, 'and you've broken up with them for a reason,' but recently, they've been getting along well, spending the last few days after school with each other, of course, working on their US History project. They had to do much of the project on their own, without their partner, Hobie. He's done practically nothing for the project because he's occupied with something every day. It's ridiculous! Although the two enjoyed each other's company, so they didn't mind Hobie's absence.

...

But his absence didn't last forever, when he arrived in 2nd period US history, surprisingly on time!