CHAPTER 5: EXPERIMENTAL PSYCHOLOGY (NO-MORE)

CHAPTER 5: Experimental Psychology

Disclaimer: I don't own any of the Spectacular Characters or Marvel Characters.

ARACHAPHOBIA - PARKER RESIDENCE

BEEP-BEEP-BEEP-BEEP-BEEP!

That morning alarm pierced through his skull and inevitably his dreams, getting Peter to spring out of bed. 'UGH CRAP! YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME!' The drowsy Peter immediately turned off the blasting alarm and sneaked into the shower with his cloth towel in hand. Of course, after an ice cold morning sprinkle, Peter got changed into his usual outfit, and softly ran down the stairs. On the side of his eye caught his Aunt sleeping on the living room couch, snoring the blues away. Right next to her, he saw a half-empty tissue box, and a trash can filled with tissues. He felt terrible, and guilty to see her like this being the one who caused this stress on her, which kept her up at night.

Then he noticed the note on the coffee table written for him, and quietly picked it up.

"Peter, I know you're growing up and I'm proud that you're maturing into the man that your uncle was. And I love that about you, dear. But a year ago, I lost your uncle, out on those streets... Now I don't want to lose you to the same thing that took him away.

You're ambitious and will do anything to do good, especially help your poor aunt. But you have to be honest with me because you've been so mysterious lately, Dear.

But I love you, Peter, and I always will. However, keep in mind, you're grounded for life. And you gotta be home by 7:00 pm.

Love - Aunt May"

Peter gently set it down on the counter, with a little smirk on his face, and grabbed his lunch. Before he left out that door, he gave Aunt May a goodbye kiss on her cheek. Then he grabbed the trash from inside and threw it outside.

After Peter got out the front door, he plugged his crappy, crummy earphones into his phone. He searched through his phone and found his music. But he hardly had any music in his playlist, only 6 songs.
"Raindrops keep falling" on my head by B. J. Thomas.
"We didn't Start the Fire" by Billy Joel.
"Basket Case" by Green Day.
"Boulevard of Broken Dreams" by Green Day.
"Big Shot" by Billy Joel.
Peter loved all of his songs in his tiny playlist, especially "We didn't Start the Fire," which was Uncle Ben's favorite. But the one song that resonated with the young Peter was "Hold On" by Jet. He didn't know why it did, but it felt like the song spoke to him. His finger pressed play on that song whenever he'd get the chance. So having this moment was refreshing. Especially since he hadn't listened to music on his way to school for the longest time. And once his favorite song reached its end, he'd reached his desired destination, a large garbage bin. Peter ran into the dark hallway and made sure there's nobody there. There wasn't anybody there. He rapidly searched through his bag and found his torn red and blue suit. He looked at his suit for one last time before he did what he thought was right. Then Peter opened a large garbage container, which was filled with smelly garbage, and God-knows-what else, and discreetly threw his suit in. He threw the burnt-to-the-crisp Spider-Man suit in the trash like it was his most precious item. Only the rats could see. Right there and then, it felt like the weight of the world was lifted off his shoulders. A weight that he had for about a year was finally off his shoulders. But he had to get out of there, before anyone could spot him. Seconds after the alley was vacated, a couple of young teens cut through the alley as their shortcut, on their way to Midtown Manhattan Magnet. Until the young freshman stopped and threw away his snack in the garbage. He thought little about it until he noticed something odd in the garbage. His friend noticed that he'd stopped and oddly held the garbage lid up, looking at the garbage.
"C'mon Miles, we gotta go!"
"Ganke, hold up... look!" Miles motioned his friend to come to him. Then he pointed at the shredded red and blue costume in the trash.