Chapter 25

THE ISSUE lasted for a week. She didn't set any press conference to clear her name, it was clearly clean in the first place. But of course, may mga tao na hindi 'yon palalampasin ng mga tao, especially the paparazzi. They're living for someone else's life issues.

"The hearing is already done. It was an edited picture of my daughter." Kyst, her father, answered.

"Sir, did you see the photo yourself?"

Nag isang linya ang mga kilay ni Khaila sa tanong na 'yon.

"Why would I look at it?" inis na tanong pabalik ng Papa niya. "I just know that it's not my daughter."

Khaila was leaning on Atticus' chest. She was busy watching and he's playing with her hair, pinapaikot nito ang dulo ng buhok niya sa daliri nito.

"I'm really proud of you." Atticus uttered and dropped a small kiss on her forehead.

"You've been saying that since last week?" Khaila wrinkled her nose.

He slowly chuckled. Atticus played her hand, her fingers, and later on interlocked their hands.

"I heard she'll be facing another case…"

Mrs. Gracia filed a case against his husband and Veron, unfortunately, the third party. Veron was using Gracia's name, posing as the old man's daughter, when in fact he was fucking her behind his wife's back.

It disgusted her but it was a natural thing when it comes to their industry. If a model, or an artist wanted to climb the ladder of success as fast as they could. They will look for a sponsor and the next thing was just pure disgusting. Kailangan lang ng iba na tiisin 'yon.

That's why her father built an agency. Their Agency was for those aspiring models, hindi na nila kailangan gawin 'yon, because the Agency was the one who'll give them projects and all they needed to do was to choose. They made sure na pantay pantay ang mga ito. Their next projects will depend on their performance.

Ingat na ingat ang Papa niya sa mga alaga nilang modelo. If someone choose to climb through sponsorship, wala na silang magagawa roon.

"Veron might be behind the bars now… but, the edited photo of me will be forever kept on people's minds." Khaila bitterly answered.

It pains her to think every time na makikita ng mga tao ang mukha niya, sa internet, sa mga magazine, sa billboard, everywhere. Ang una nilang maiisip ngayon ay ang mga picture na hindi naman siya. They won't think of her as Khaila Miller, the famous model.

Pansamantala rin siya na tumigil mag extra sa pagtuturo sa sariling paaralan nila. Of course, their students were also know how to use social media. Hindi malabo na nakita ng mga ito ang picture na 'yon.

"We're just here…" Atticus squeezed her hand.

Lumayo lang siya kay Atticus nang marinig na bumukas ang pinto ng unit niya. A sign that her team arrived.

"Beh! Ready ka na?" Gayle immediately asked her. "Ay, hello po!" kaagad na sabi nito nang makita si Atticus na nakaupo.

"Yes? I think. Let's start from the basics?" nakangiwi na tanong niya.

Gayle chuckled at her reaction. "Basic lang naman ang makeup na ginagawa ko sayo, beh. Yaka mo 'to!"

"Yaka?" Jane asked. Kunot na kunot ang noo nito.

"Kaya, mare, ayun 'yon!" Amanda answered. "Palagi mo naman kasama si Chris, bakit hindi mo natutunan 'yan?"

"He's normal when we're together." Jane shrugged.

The three of them shared a knowing look. Lumabi lang siya at nilapitan si Gayle na hinahanda ang mga gamit na gagamitin nila.

"Ang sabi naman is yung everyday look mo lang. Putcha, nakalimutan namin sabihin na hindi ka naman araw-araw naka makeup!" Problemado na sabi ni Gayle.