Chapter 9

KHAILA GROANED when someone pulled her blanket. Kinuha niya ang isang unan at tinakpan ang mukha niya, she already informed her family not to disturb her sleep. Sabado naman at ang plano niya lang ay matulog sa buong araw!

She's dreaming about her future wedding and Atticus was her groom. Hindi pwede na hindi 'yon matuloy!

"Wake up! We're going to the gym!"

Khaila wanted to cry when she heard the word gym and the priest turned out to be her manager slash assistant, Jane. Kaagad siyang naalimpungatan.

"Finally! She's awake. Get up, bebe! Tanghali na tayo!" Gayle said.

Jane, on the other hand, was ransacking her closet and got her a pair of her gym clothes. And she chose the expensive one, ang regalo sa kanya ni Ayze. Ayze and her mother like giving gifts. Extraordinary gifts.

"Wash up and change. Sa sasakyan na tayo kakain."

"May gagawin ako," pagdadahilan niya.

Jane scoffed, "Ang sabi sa akin ng Papa mo, wala na. Tapos ka na raw."

Agad siyang sumimangot. Well, going to the gym wasn't bad. It's not just for her body figure, para na rin naman sa kalusugan niya. Sinasapian lang talaga siya madalas ni katamaran.

She lazily stood up and got her gym clothes to Gayle. She's also wearing her own gym clothes, which means sasamahan siya nito na mag exercise.

Nag half bath lang siya at ginawa ang morning skincare routine niya. She doesn't need to prepare her gym bag, dahil naayos na 'yon ni Jane at Gayle. Her shoes were also ready, isusuot na lang niya. Gayle also handed her a clam for her hair.

Nang lumabas sila sa kwarto niya, they saw her mother— seating elegantly on her father's lap.

"Ready na ang almusal mo, nak." Her mother informed her.

"Morning…" Her father greeted her. Nang hindi tumitingin sa kanya. His head was buried on her mother's neck.

Kinuha niya ang almusal na hinanda ng mamu niya para sa kanya at nagpaalam sa mga ito. Hindi na siya nag-abala na lapitan ang dalawa, she did a flying kiss instead.

While they're on their way to gym, Jane was giving her a heads up on what's happening now in the chaotic industry she once loved. The work was much toxic now, some brands don't even want to hire models now for they have so-called influencers.

For Khaila, if someone's belief doesn't align with the brand's beliefs, it only proves that you're doing the job for money and fame.

When they reached the gym, nauna siyang pinababa ng mga ito. Well, kilala naman siya sa loob.

"Ate! Gym ka ngayon?" Havi asked. Nakapamewang ito sa harapan ni Arki, who was lifting bells. Heavy bells.

Tumango lang siya.

Nagulat siya nang bigla na lang sumulpot sa likuran niya si Archer at mabilis siyang hinalikan sa pisngi.

"Morning, Ate! Balita ko lagot ka sa manager mo ngayon?" Archer teased. Pawisan ito at nakaangat ang laylayan ng t-shirt nito hanggang sa dibdib. Showing his muscled stomach.

Khaila playfully rolled her eyes. Hindi na niya madalas makita ang panganay na anak ng Tito Esel niya. Probably because he's really serious about going to law school.

"Oh, please! Nanginginig na nga ako, hindi pa kami nag-uumpisa." Tumatawa na sagot niya.

"I'm here, Ate Aila. I'll spot you." Arki volunteered.

May coach siya before pero kalaunan ay pinatigil ni Khaila. She's feeling uncomfortable for unknown reasons. Her Tito Ryker was too strict, kaya umayaw rin siya nang mag presinta ito. Arki was less strict that his father, so she's good.