Chapter 15

HER LIFE continued as if nothing happened. As if she wasn't happy in the morning and got broken when night came. As if there's no man who bravely took a part of her and left.

Khaila acted as if she wasn't hurt in front of her family, at sa harap ng mga Tito niya para hindi mapasama si Atticus. They were asking about him and she only told them that she grew tired.

Pinagtatakpan niya pa rin ito sa kabila ng sakit na iniwan nito. He left without saying anything. Without a fucking message. They didn't even have a proper break up.

"Papa?" Khaila called her father.

Pumasok siya sa kwarto nilang dalawa ng Mamu niya at nakita ang Papa niya na nagtatrabaho. He quickly tore his gaze at his laptop and looked at her. Malamya itong ngumiti sa kanya.

"Come here…" He spread his arms and Khaila found herself sobbing as her father caged her in his arms. Her father was caressing her back as he let her cry her heart out. "You're doing great, princess… I love you, hm?"

Parang may bumara sa lalamunan niya.

"You don't have to lie to us… lalo na sa akin, 'nak. Kilala kita, mula ulo hanggang paa, kilala ko kayo." Her father whispered as he kissed her head. "You don't have to worry about his safety. Hindi naman siya gagalawin ng Tito Ryker mo. He's mad… we're all mad, but what can we do? You want us to leave him alone."

"Pa? Ang sakit…"

"Na may anak siya sa iba? O dahil bigla na lang siyang nawala?" Kyst asked her. His voice was low, it was soothing.

"I don't really care if he has a daughter, Pa. Masakit sa akin na itinanggi niya ang bata… You know how sensitive I am when it comes to that."

Marahan na hinaplos ni Kyst ang ulo niya bago siya nito inalalayan na maupo sa upuan. Her father dried her tears using his thumb and smiled at her.

"I know, princess. I know."

The way he looked at her, parang nakikita rin ni Khaila ang sakit na nararamdaman niya. Her father was mirroring every emotion she had.

"Niligawan mo ba si Mamu kasi gusto mo talaga siya?" Khaila asked.

Her father chuckled. Tamad itong sumandal sa backrest ng upuan at hindi makapaniwala na tumingin sa kanya. She was crying a while back and now she's questioning her father.

"Noong una… I really thought that my ex-wife was alive. I mean, kamukha talaga niya ang mamu mo."

"Hmmm…" She hummed. Khaila saw a picture of her father's ex-wife and they do really have some similarities.

"But the main reason was you," he said. Her head snapped to her father. He was smiling gently and lovingly at her.

"Me?"

Tumango ito. "Yes, princess. When I first saw you and told me you like me, my heart melted. I badly want to have a daughter. I have this feeling to make you feel love, I wanted to complete you even though deep inside, I know, your mother is enough for you at that time. I want to be your father and I want to be the perfect husband for your mom."

Hindi siya nakasagot sa sinabi ng Papa niya.

"Did you… perhaps, feel the same?" Kyst asked him. He tapped his fingers against the table as he was waiting for her answer.

If maaga pa lang sinabi sa kanya ni Atticus. No, even if Fleair wasn't really his daughter. Alam ni Khaila sa sarili niya na there's still a big chance that she'll do the same thing as what her father did. She definitely felt the same.

"You love his kid more than him, don't you?" Kyst teasingly asked.

"I do, Pa." Tumango siya at mahinang tumawa. "I do love Fleair more than her father."