PROLOGUE: THE OSBORN IMPULSE [FALL-OUT]

Start from the beginning

"Cool..."

"Um, what about your mom—what's she up to?"

"I really don't know, actually. I think she's either having dinner with friends or in a meeting with Mr. Menken. She's been doing that alot lately"

"Ah okay..."

But Harry had grown tired of this static atmosphere between them, especially if he wanted this night to be perfect. So he wanted to lighten the mood, grabbing a shot glass and do something he'd seen his father do for his mother. Make a 'Whiskey Sour' cocktail. But Harry didn't even have half the experience the great Norman Osborn had with alcohol, so he was sloppy with his single shot of whiskey.

'YUCK! What was that?!'

He despised the taste of it, nearly spitting it out in front of Gwen.

"Harry... I don't think drinking right now is the best idea. You're not even 21"

"Babeee, It's fine. It's homecoming!... Gotta create an atmosphere in here!"

"Doesn't even seem like you can hold your liquor very well"

"Gwen, relax, this isn't liquor... It's Whiskey! I'll be fine..."

Once they arrived at the dance... Harry was EXTREMELY tipsy, swaying every step forward. His girlfriend practically held him up as they went through those doors. Despite the circumstances, Harry liked the feeling of being held up, especially by her.

He could feel that lively atmosphere from the bass-boosted music through those doors. As if his heart was pumping to the beat of the music.

'That's more like it!'

He left Gwen for a moment to find his childhood friend, Peter Parker through the bustling crowd. But he was nowhere to be found.

'Pete's late... for the millionth time! I'll see him later'

After he got through that crowd, he saw Gwen chatting to Mary Jane. Unlike most girls he noticed, the blonde and the redhead seemed like they didn't want to be there. Especially Gwen, with not a smile seen on her face. So, Harry believed, it was up to him to lighten the mood and help his girlfriend have some fun for the night. So he confidently strutted over and reached his hand out to her.

He proposed, "Wanna dance?"

She asked, "You sure you wanna dance, when you're tipsy"

"Yeah... I'll be fine—C'mon, let's dance!" he insisted.

Mary Jane shouted, "Have fun on the dance floor, Gwen!"

Without an answer, he still took her by the hand and led her to the dance floor.

Harry slid his hands on her hips, while she placed her hands on his shoulders, attempting to slow dance. But they moved out of sync to the music. One step ahead, or two steps behind, never on-beat.

It frustrated Harry, a lot more than anyone else would be.

However, he noticed Gwen being amused by it.

"Well, we suck at dancing," Gwen playfully observed.

"Yeah," Harry frustratingly admitted.

"Let's just have fun with it, okay?"

"Yeah... have fun with it," he told himself. 'C'mon, Harry... show her a good time!'

Suddenly, it felt like a dose of adrenaline/alcohol started flowing through his veins. Which he firmly pulled Gwen a lot closer to him and held her close.