one

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

CHAPTER ONE

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

The town was filled with hunters, something made painfully aware when Chris sent an email to Lore's business email. While he hadn't specifically stated hunters, he did request his vehicle to be looked at as a large number of family would be arriving in town for the funeral of his sister.

Clicking out of the email, Lorelei leaned back in her seat as it groaned in protest. Pushing her palms against her eyes, the woman sighed heavily. Of all the shit to happen, this would be the result of the fight. Pushing away from the desk, Lore walked out of her office and made her way into the garage, looking at the tools in their respective places. She literally had nothing to do since she sent Tucker home.

She was turning her head at the sound of an engine before Derek was pulling up into the parking lot. With a large smile stretched onto her lips as she rushed to the opened garage door, watching as he put the car in park and stepped out. Yet as he approached, she raised an eyebrow at the grumpy expression on his face. Reaching forward, her fingers ghosted his jaw before he was leaning into her touch.

"Jackson's rejecting the bite," he finally admitted, making her give a soft 'oh' noise. Arms curled up and around his neck, letting him press his face into her shoulder instead. "I should have never bit him..."

"Hey shh..." Her lips pressed to his temple before she was gently guiding him inside, "he asked for the bite," she reasoned.

"He's going to die," Derek protested before taking a seat after her push. Kneeling in front of him, she placed her hands on his knees and leaned in, looking up at him in concern. "He's going to die, and it's going to be my fault."

"Derek, listen to me," she instructed, making the Alpha look down at her with remorse, "he knew what he was asking for. Sure, you could have told him no, but he would have kept pushing until he got it. You know it, I know it, everyone knows he wouldn't have stopped till he got what he wanted." Leaning in, she cupped his jaw with both of her hands. "It is not your fault. Whether the bite happened when it did, or in the future, it would have happened either way with his determination. Him dying is not your fault."

"...How are you so calm about this?" Derek searched her face as she pushed up, standing and turning.

Opening her mini fridge, Lore grabbed two cokes and handed one over to him before taking a seat on his thigh, sitting sideways. His arm slowly wrapped around her back as she unscrewed the top and took a quick sip. "I have a lot of blood on my hands, Derek," she answered honestly, looking towards him, "and while yes, it's because I was protecting my child, I still took lives. That blood doesn't leave just because I have a justified reason."