two

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

CHAPTER TWO

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"Remember to hold the gun just right, or the kickback is gonna hurt," Lorelei coached Navaeh as her little girl aimed the barrel at the empty cans across the shop's backyard. "Very good," she celebrated as the trigger was pulled and the can flew off from the stand. "I have to get back to working, so switch over to the slingshot till I can return."

"Yes mama," Navaeh answered before handing over the small hand revolver before going for the slingshot that sat on a bench against the wall behind them. Turning, Lore headed inside and walked into her office. Grabbing her keychain from the loop on her paints, she was quick to lock the gun up in the gun safe behind her desk. She could hear the pangs of rock hitting cans in the backyard as she left her office and made her way into the main area.

"Your daughter outside?" she could hear Tucker, an employee of hers, as he wiped at his hands with a rag.

"Yep," she popped the p, something her daughter had picked up on and started as well, "any customers scheduled to come in this afternoon? Or are we open for walk-ins?"

Glancing over, Tucker grabbed onto the clipboard and scanned it for a moment. "Looks like the only appointment we have came in earlier this morning due to a cancellation. So we're open for walk-ins."

"Mm... I'm thinking of pizza for food between customers. Whatcha think?"

A large grin appeared on Tucker's face as he nodded. "Pizza sounds great. You covered food last time, so I'll take this one. Is it cool if I go pick it up?" Giving a nod to his question, Lorelei made her way over to the clipboard. "Awesome, I'll go get it now since it's slow." Tossing over the rag, Tucker made his way past into the office for his jacket and keys.

She could remember the first day she walked into the shop as the new owner. Poor Tucker had tried to hit on her, thinking she was a customer, but quickly knew she wasn't interested in the slightest. And soon after that, the two had picked up a friendly banter that made the energy in the shop less toxic than before. She could clearly hear Tucker leaving as the engine in his truck was louder than it should be thanks to his 'enhanced' additional parts, but just assumed the shoes squeaking against the stone-like flooring was Tucker having forgotten something.

"You forgot your wallet, didn't yo-...?" turning, her words ended in confusion at the sight of Derek with his hands in his pockets. "Oh? What brings you to my little world?" A large grin appeared as she put the clipboard down.

"So... about that overheat," he trailed off, offering a small grin, which only caused a laugh to escape.

Making her way towards him, she motioned to the empty spot with the large garage door pushed up. "Pull her in here, I'll take a look." Derek gave a brief nod before turning and heading outside to get in the camaro. The engine roared to life before he was carefully pulling in, following her direction to a T. The camaro was put into park and he was popping the hood for her. With ease, Lore propped the hood up as Derek was stepping out and shut the door behind him.