ten

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

CHAPTER TEN

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

A deep snarl filled the room as Kate drew her weapon, spinning around and searching for the creature. The scent of blood surrounded her as it pooled out from the open neck wound on her fallen soldier. "Where the hell are you? What'd you do to Lore?!" A soft melodic chuckle echoed around her before Kate was being thrown across the room, her back slamming into the wall near the entrance. Cocking her gun, Kate glared as she looked around, still seeing nothing.

Derek hadn't moved as Kate slowly inched towards the door. "You won't be able to escape. I won't allow it." Another low rumble of a growl filled the air, one that sounded nothing like a werewolf. Something that sounded far more dangerous. All of Kate's bigger weapons were in her vehicle, and she was alone with a simple handgun. Carefully stepping over the fallen body, Kate kept her gun held up as black shadows swirled from the shadows.

The door slammed shut just as Kate stepped out of reach, black tendrils surrounding the door and keeping it in place as heels clicked against the floor, going farther away. More than likely Kate was going for more weaponry.

Stepping out of the shadows, Lorelei slipped up to the fenced wall, quick in ripping the chains away from Derek's body. It's when she was pulling the man away from his capture that the doors slammed open. One hand reached out, she ready to fight, sharp teeth growing as her eyes turned black.

Scott stared at her in surprise before turning his head, hearing noises farther outside. "They're coming," he stated before rushing in and helping her get Derek down. Easing the man off from the wall, she stopped when Scott walked up and grabbed her wrist. "Derek, you need to help me. He's going after Allison's family."

"So what?" Derek scoffed, pulling at the remaining chains.

"So tell me how to stop him," Scott argued.

"You can't!" Lore made her way over to the electricity box, ripping the chords out angrily. Never again would the hunters use this. "Alright? Now, I don't know when Kate's coming back, so just help get me out of this! Get me out right now!" Lorelei began to make her way on over, only to stop when Scott held an arm out.

"Promise you'll help me."

A snarl left Derek as he looked down at the beta. "You want me to risk my life for your girlfriend?? For your stupid little teenage crush that means absolutely nothing?! You're not in love, Scott! You're sixteen years old! You're a child!"

Scott flexed his fingers before he pulled out a sheet of paper. "Maybe you're right... But I know something you don't. Peter said he didn't know what he was doing when he killed your sister, right? He lied. Remember this?" Hearing noise above them, Lorelei walked towards the door as Derek snarled, struggling to get himself free. The two kept talking as she looked up, able to hear movement gathering.