78 | Bruises On My Knees.

Misery all around, in one corner of the world there had been so much chaos— all in just one night, a storm had taken place which was meant to be, it was what had been written in their fate, this day was meant to be.

"Either you admit everything you did to me, on this tape or i slit your neck in seconds. i'm giving you time to decide." Kainaat spoke, holding up a small voice tape recorder.

Kiran slowly arched her head up to face Kainaat, she had been badly bruised around each part of her body, and her eyes could barely remain open, "Admit what?" she asked innocently— exhaustive enough.

In a split second, a vase went flying over the room— smashing onto the wall and shattering all over the floor, pieces went across the room, explaining the force it took to throw that vase, Kiran had diverted her head the other way in an attempt to save herself from the 'attack'.

"Admit what?" Kainaat shrieked, her voice cracked as she took slow steps away from Kiran as if she was filthy enough, "Admit everything you did to torment me! admit it all!—" Kainaat stopped in between, Kiran was faced with a horrible sight.

Kainaat had fell down to the floor, she fell weak and her hands were spread around on the floor as if she meant to pick up all of her pieces, she let out small cries— Kiran was confused whether to feel sympathetic or plan her escape while the perpetrator had fallen weak.

"I didn't deserve it, i didn't deserve it.." Kainaat repeated it like a mantra, in an attempt to soothe herself, Kiran suddenly found herself speaking, "I can't go back and clean up the blood off my hands, can i now Kainaat? it's better to let go of the past, i made a mistake— because i was immature! and i know you won't forgive me, but what else can i possibly do?"

Kainaat looked up through the strands of her hair, sticking onto her sweat-covered face, her eyes bloodshot, "I can't change the past Kainaat, i really can't— i wish i could!" Kiran pleaded her.

"I loved you Kiran..— i seriously thought of you as my sister." Kainaat croaked, finding the right words to use, for being in that state, she spoke well, Kiran replied, "And i loved you too, but love blinded me to an extent, where i saw red."

"But if there's anything that can save the both of us, is this." Kiran pulled onto her arms, the metal clinking from her movement as she referred to her being tied up, Kainaat had formed a lump in her throat as she was unable to speak properly, she crawled onto the floor, legs gone limp.

Kainaat slowly crawled onto the floor, as she made her way to the metals, she pulled out a pair of keys as she shakily unlocked the metals that held onto one another, she didn't say a single word, Kiran felt a wave of freedom.

~

"Isn't it awful?" the voice erupted behind closed doors.

Hasnain sat in his bedroom, staring into nothing but walls, not-likely to be eavesdropping on his parents conversation in the next room, "The Zaidi name is officially gone, mark my words." He heard his father begin.

His long and agile legs had been spread over, as he leaned backwards on his bed frame, his phone laying beside him, the boy had been desperately trying to contact Kainaat for a long time, but she'd been pronounced missing for a while now.

The door croaked open, "You still awake boy?"

He faced the door, to be met with his mother who had asked him a sudden question, "I can't go to sleep." he simply answered her, she cocked a brow but slightly smiled as she entered his dim room, "Something's keeping you up?"

Hasnain answered with a small nod, "With the recent events that took place—"

"—Oh those are grown-up talks my dear, what are we ought to do of it? it's up to the Zaidi's! although i do wonder if Naurez Zaidi has engaged in some criminal activities, considering his wife's sudden death." His mother enunciated.

"What if i told you i did it?"

The room had fell quiet, the woman took a moment to take in what her son had just told her, but it showed up on her face too quickly, she asked, totally perplexed, "What..?"

Hasnain shrugged, "It was all my doing, i ruined him."

It caught him off guard, his mother had stood up on her two feet, slowly detaching herself away from him, "Explain yourself this instant Hasnain, what do you mean?" she sternly told him, Hasnain walked up to her, placing his hands on either sides of her shoulder, "I meant well mother."

"I did it all for the girl i loved, i succeeded in perishing his name into nothing but dust, the Zaidi name is officially off the charts." Hasnain said, feeling immensely proud of his doings, while his mother did nothing but stare at him, like he wasn't her blood.

His heart sank, as he watched his mother leave the room without another word, but he held himself back, all he could do was hold it all in and silently leave the house, in search for Kainaat, who was once his Kainaat.

~

"I've already said it - i know nothing about her whereabouts."

The man in the beige coat, with an identity card hanging loose around his neck, suddenly punched down onto the table with a groan, "Listen here, you betta' come clean about all of this, or we have other ways of getting information outta' you!" he yelled in a thick accent.

Naseem placed his elbows on the table, rubbing his eyes, he had been here since six hours with cops and detectives trying to come up with poorly worded statements that Naseem knew nothing about, turns out they had been searching for Kainaat & Kiran who had supposedly went missing a few hours ago.

He knew it was either her father who had registered his daughter missing or another one of Kiran's flings, but the disappearance of Kainaat irked him most, "Go ahead, try other ways on me too— but you're going to get the same answer every fucking time." he spat.

"Do you have any information about Roha Zaidi's passing?" one officer asked out the blue.

"No officer, i do not." Naseem answered, with a slurred voice.